Key codes for door locks

herald948

The earlier Heralds had an outside door handle where the push button/lock was separate, the button being part of the lock mechanism. Later Heralds had the push button as part of the handle itself.

On those later handles, is there a stamped key number? If so, where is it? I know there was a key number stamped on the earlier setup. Thanks!

1218 wrote:
I believe that is is stamped on the underside of the push button or the stem somewhere....
Meaning I would (as with the earlier setup) have to remove the handle to find said number, right? (That's what I want to find out before just tearing into some of the later doors I have!)

i know different car, but don't suppose you know if stags had the key numbers listed anywhere? my drivers door lock / handle mechanism is broken, and finding a door lock with key at reasonable price has proved difficult.  any suggestions? (1972 stag)  :( getting fed up  of diving through passenger side to open the door.  thankfully passed MOT prior to breaking!

I took a lock for which I didn't have a key to a locksmith. He had some gadget that he was able to fit in and cut keys to it. Not too cheap though but better than changing locks. He also numbered the keys so next time I would have no problems.
Tony.