Heated rear window switch

Steve AKA vitessesteve

Have  been trying to get everything electrical to work on my car.  This blog article http://tr7beans.blogspot.co.uk/2009/10/dhc-report-nr-51-switching-attention.html by Beans shows pictures of the master light switch and the fog light switch.  Has anybody got a picture of how the heated rear window switch should look. This is mine.

Also looking at the wiring diagram there should there be a heated rear window warning light.  Where is this located on the car.  The switch has a hole in it that would allow a light to be inserted from behind. There is no obvious spare wiring for such a light visible at present as I have yet to take the top off the dashboard.

I recognise the switch but it looks strange when it's not in context :-/

Don't fancy taking my switch out much either as it's abugger to get everything back in and located right.

Isn't yours a soft top tho? Presumably you are fitting one for your hardtop which has a FHC rear screen.

Raider wrote:
I recognise the switch but it looks strange when it's not in context :-/

Don't fancy taking my switch out much either as it's abugger to get everything back in and located right.

Isn't yours a soft top tho? Presumably you are fitting one for your hardtop which has a FHC rear screen.

Yes Martin am putting the switch in for the heated rear window I will be fitting into the Lenham hardtop I have on the car now.

Does the switch have a separate warning light or just share the glow from the switch panel lighting along the bottom edge of the switch?

Warning light is in the switch, well actually in the connector behind the switch. Switch looks like the correct type.
The connectors of this switch-panel are part of the instrument loom an the same on all (later model) TR7's.

Connector sits behind the switch-panel, and in your case (DHC) is unused, wiring should be purple/brown/white.
In the picture below the connector for the heated rear screen is on top , secured in pace with a cable tie (yes this is a DHC too).

There should be a black wire with female spade connector somewhere in the back of the car (probably on the RH rear inner wing area).