this time, fibreglass doors

ferny

I'm certain no company has made them (I think John made his own). But thought I'd check first. So, anyone know of a source? I'm just curious at this stage as mine are good (enough) except for a crease some delightful person put in one.

Fibreglass might not rust, but it does craze and sink. You get rid of rust, but potentially introduce other equally awkward problems.

Adding lightness is a good argument in favour of fibreglass, but it's not the easy route to eliminating future maintenance/repairs that it might appear to be,

Cheers,
Bill.

heraldcoupe wrote:
Fibreglass might not rust, but it does craze and sink. You get rid of rust, but potentially introduce other equally awkward problems.

Adding lightness is a good argument in favour of fibreglass, but it's not the easy route to eliminating future maintenance/repairs that it might appear to be,

Cheers,
Bill.

You have seen my car, right?

G.in_Belgium wrote:
Isn't the glazing due to the resin being cheapo polyester rather than epoxy stuff?

Possibly, I really don't know enough about it. But can you think of any old fibreglass cars which haven't suffered from sinking and/or crazing? Suggests that whatever materials might cause the problem, they are very widely used.

Cheers,
Bill.