Fuel pipe question (carb float link)

molten

Hello

Since i put K&N filters on the carbs, the original fuel pipe that connects to the float chambers and goes around the filters, is no longer long enough because the K&N's are bigger filters - so I am looking to replace this pipe.

As the float chamber piping is 6mm O/D, would it make any difference if I replaced the original steel pipe with a 6mm I/D stainless braided hose?

Origial pipe is 4mm I/D so the hose would be 2mm bigger on I/D. Would this increase on I/D case me problems?

Thanks

Hello
If any of you guys have any experience or knowledge in this area and can post a reply quickly, i'd be very greatfull coz i need to get this pipe ordered and sorted for 1st fire-up in 0ver 15 years and i'm getting eager as you can imagine :)

Thanks
scott

bodders1 wrote:
The internal diameter of the fuel pipe doesn't really matter, so long as it is not impeding the free flow of fuel, and doesn't leak at the joints.
The only thing to make certain of is that the braided hose that you are fitting is rated for carrying fuel (BS AU 108 )

...because nine times out of ten the `shiny` braided hides a length of rubbish hose
I would either use the original steel tubing or fuel quality rubbe

• 2 weeks later...

Finally received tubing today (reliable royal mail!)

Filled with sand as recomended by GT6Craig (good shout mate) and formed a rew bends with small pipe bender and fitted sitting above air filters as opposed to in front of original airbox.
I think it looks ok. Just hope it doesnt leak :P