GT6 Fuel Tank Capacity

Deleted User

What seemed a simple enough question gave a surprising number of different answers.

Just what is the capacity of the fuel tank in a Mk3 GT6 with a UK spec?

Answers on the web vary from 8.2 gallons to 9.75.

I'm working out what sort of range I can expect on next year's RBRR and the fuel gauge doesn't work properly.

Theo and I stretched it out to just over 200 miles between fill ups but there were a couple of nervous moments when we thought we might run out of petrol in the middle of nowhere.

Jim.

Na, I think I'll leave the gauge the way it is.

Life's too predictable otherwise! :)

On the way down to the RBRR, the gauge "fogged up" and the needle points way over to the right beyond the "Full" mark.

Can't seem to source a replacement gauge though.

Anyway, thanks for the answers guys.

Jim.

I've seen 400KM on 36L in the GT6 while cruising, but push the RPM's up and those 1 3/4" SU's come to life. Mind you so does the car.

Still I was pleased with the results. We did a very spirited 250mile run over the weekend and I came home with a 1/4 tank.

A.

I kept a record of my fuel fill ups and mileage on last yera RBRR where I used my GT6 MKIII. The longest distance between fuel stops was from Brigend (just South of Connan Bridge) to Lockerbie, where we covered 249 miles and used 29.74L of fuel, this equates to 38.1 MPG which was the best MPG on the run. hadn't twigged this before but it's probably the best recorded MPG I've ever seen ibn my GT6! :) We did do well over 200 miles between quite a few of the stops so I reckon you could quite comfortably go say 230 or 240 miles between fill ups.

Yip your right Nick, espeacially when ye got ..fuel cut off on over run..

this saves a bit,

Mr Mc Jim,  it all depends on where ye fill up,

if car is leaning towards you, then less will go in,

to get a good ..full tank.. the car has to be leaning  away frae the filler, and when ye think its full, a couple of ..Butt  Shuv,s.. , on bodyy work,  will get the tank to ..bubble ..up, so ye get another 1/4 gall in

, with me extra swirl pots,and filters, I got about   a 10 3/4 gall tank, noo

regards Marcus

Archived