Convertible lip type door seals

hyperhale

Hi

I met Bill from Rarebits at Beaulieu auto jumble last September and hoped to buy some lip type door seal for my Vitesse convertible.

Bill was short of it on the day but I am struggling to contact him thru facebook or a PM on this forum as I am hoping he may still have some available following the closure of Rarebits4classics.

Does anyone have some available that I could buy? ( I know Bill was the sole supplier of this)  

Has anyone been in contact with him recently?

Quoted from Pete Lewis
https://www.coh-baines.co.uk/
have a look at  c o h baines they make just about every seal you may need

Have a sort through the type and all the extrusions  

Pete

Thanks Pete

A really useful company, just noticed that Bill has been in touch ( hadn't seen his PM - sorry Bill !)so will go to him but baines will be useful for my soft top window seals

This might be a bit of a liberty, but I am in the process of a full restoration of a 1360 convertible and I have thrown all the door, boot and window seal rubbers away. Is there a list showing what types are need as I will need to order a full replacement for all types.
Thanks
Andy

Quoted from marshman
This might be a bit of a liberty, but I am in the process of a full restoration of a 1360 convertible and I have thrown all the door, boot and window seal rubbers away. Is there a list showing what types are need as I will need to order a full replacement for all types.
Thanks
Andy

Lesson 1. Never throw anything away until you have got the correct replacement! You will probably be able to get all the seals. Try Canley Cassics, James Paddock, ANG classic parts, and Rimmer Bros, in that order. Good luck, Dave.

Everyone seems to sell the bubble-profile type which holds the door too far out from the bodywork or else makes closing a real slamming session. Unfortunately many suppliers also claim that this is all that is currently available, and advocate adjustment of the doors and catches to make it fit. I have a few metres of yours Bill salted away for the on-going convertible restoration and on testing it on other Heralds I find it allows the softer-slam against the catch and closes first time without springing back.
(BTW never saw you at Stoneleigh - where were you??