TSSC exhaust manifold with Bastuck Weber manifolds

James

Mmmm had a look tonight - no space at all - the inlet manifolds are too wide. The thing that makes the Bell exhaust so nice - its nice large radius coming out of the head - is the thing that really stops it from fitting.

Only options are to either make up some spacers to move it away from the head or a different exhaust manifold :(

I guess I need the older style inlet manifolds I've seen that curve - original TT ones?

Yes, they went on without spacing but I was getting very worried about breakthrough.
I do remember by the time they were fitted it was 'really' close to the exhaust.
On the plus side, once I'd fabricated a cold air box, it did go really well.

• 1 year later...

A bit belated but I've just had the same problem with both Bastuck and  Triumph Tune inlet manifolds both on FD 1296 engines: in the first instance my instinct was to grind down the Bastuck manifold, but I was warned against it so I bashed seven bells (no pun intended) out of the TSSC Bell manifold until it fitted. Well, nearly fitted, I still had to get another manifold gasket and cut out the inlet shape to fom a sort of "padding gasket".  I then got a second hand little used Phoenix manifold for my wifes MK3 quickly followed by a pair of Triumph Tune inlets.

There's no doubt that the Phoenix is much better engineered and the Triumph Tune inlets too. So, I magnanimously took both off my car and gave the new manifold to my wifes cars parts pile. Oh, and yes. This time I ground down the TriumphTune inlet ......

If anyone can help, please let me know if you know of any aluminium rear wings and door skins kicking around.

Cheers

Paul

• 1 month later...

All combinations can be made to fit ....

Triumphtune and Phoenix OK, ground down the inlet manifold a bit though...
Bastuck and Bell took ages but is the picture on the left. This is what's going into Ana's MK3 (Lenham GT4) Spit. I had to smack seven Bells out of the extractor pipe nearest the rad to make it fit as I didn't fancy grinding down the manifold too much. It did fit in the end as you can see, but it does need fettling. The quality difference between the Phoenix and Bell is pretty noticeable.

Archived