Newbie exhaust specs question

silentjeff

Hello,

I'm posting on behalf of my father-in-law, whom has just bought a MK2 Vitesse.

He's got a SS back box on the car, and was looking for a new front pipe, we found one on eBay, but when it arrived today he found it's a short pipe, not the long pipe he was expecting.

Looking around it appears the MK2 had a two part system, and the MK1 and GT6 had three part systems.

Are we right in thinking this? And is it easy to get a joining centre pipe, or get one made?
Or should he ask for the seller for a refund, and return the pipe? The seller had it advertised as a MK2 downpipe. Would the price of a SS long pipe front section cost less than getting a centre pipe made up?

Sorry guys, lots of questions, I'm lost on classic stuff, hope you can help, thanks, Jeff.

You and the seller are both right :-/! It seems most (all??)  of the stainless systems for the mk2 vitesse are 3 piece systems, I guess so the frontpipe is common to both GT6 and vitesse. I suspect you can get hold of a stainless middle section from suppliers like canleys easily, but doubt you can get the long front pipe at all.
Cheers
Clive

Archived