poly body mounts (spitfire)

Clive

cliftyhanger wrote:
Not sure if these are available, but rather than the rubber washers are there poly body mounts sold by anybody? or a suitable alternative? I don't seem to be able to find any :B

You can buy PU resin on fleabay for not much money.. Cast a sheet to thickness desired, non stick baking sheet etc, don't use her indoors good ones, and have at it with an appropriate hole saw. Use a squirt of WD40 to lubricate the blade.

cliftyhanger wrote:
(Or have a look at Bills site)

You won't find them on my site, but my tradestand at shows is another matter! They're slightly different to the originals, though the basic material is the same.

I bought in a small batch as a trial. They're slightly oversized in diameter, which does bother me as under the front bulkhead are visible, and which means I don't want to advertise them as being "as original".
I've recently been debating whether to treat them as a regular stock item, or to cast some myself in polyurethane, which takes us back to the original question. Poly would be no more expensive than the fabric/rubber types, but would need to be tested in service before marketing them.

Cheers,
Bill.

Damn. If I'd known they were around I would have got them rather than buying a kit from a well known supplier which appeared to have half the bolts missing, rubbish rubber pads and an inferior sealing strip...
I'm also happy to offer a test car if you want something which gets abused in all weather's.