Rear lower wings recommended installer

hyperhale

I am looking for a recommended bodywork repairer experienced in fitting rear lower wings on Heralds.

My Vitesse has had replacement arch and lower wing work carried out badly resulting in the offside wing losing its correct profile above the wheel arch.

The near side is original and probably more suited to fitting a repair panel.

I have a pair of wings purchased from Bill Davis but not feeling competent in doing the work myself, I have read complete wing replacement is tricky.

I'm based in North Kent but willing to travel.

Quoted from heraldcoupe

That must have been a while ago, it's a long time since I've sold any rear wings...

Are these Stanpart originals, or repros?

Cheers,
Bill.

Hi Bill

I met you at Beaulieu international auto jumble last September and you had them for sale.

They don't appear to be an exact matching pair, do you recall if they were Stanpart?

Pete

Quoted from hyperhale
I met you at Beaulieu international auto jumble last September and you had them for sale.

They don't appear to be an exact matching pair, do you recall if they were Stanpart?

At a guess I'd say these would have been repros. I think I remember one of them being acquired as part of an abandoned project, not so sure about the other.

As a sanity check, if you measure the height of the swage line above the centre of the wheelarch, an original Stanpart wing will measure 41mm. Repros are usually larger at about 46mm,

Cheers,
Bill.