AWESOME HERALD MAN

I need to put a new battery in my Herald. I've seen a nice one on eBay and I wonder if anyone knows if this size will fit.

It's left to right - 230mm x top to bottom 222mm x front to back 173mm.

It is an Exide Excell 60ah with 390cca. And as it sits outside and will not get too much use the alarm is the only thing to be on. Not forgetting the weather with cold and rain and snow and night there's the drain on the battery, so some reserve is all to the good.

The battery that I have now is on charge as the alarm has drained its power.

Thanks,

Stephen.

For pretty much the same price I got an Exide EA755 (75Ah 630CCA) for my Vitesse which I believe has the same battery space available as your Herald. It squeezes in nicely being the same size as the one youre looking at except for the width at 270mm rather than 230mm. I did have to modify the fixing rods as they were too short but have been really pleased with its durability, cranking power and charge hold.....

063 and 075 batteries will fit,however you may need longer j bolts for the clamp (and the terminals will now be at the back, a good thing as away from the clamp)

I have found ECP good on price, and buy on the website for "click and collect" with a local (ish) place to return under warranty if needed.

Thanks Cliftyhanger for your reply.

Thanks Glang again for your reply and I've measured up the battery compartment and it does fit. The battery retaining rods will have to have new anchor points on the bulkhead which I've already worked out. I have already replaced my retaining rods with threaded rod bought from my local ironmonger at one metre length and cut to length and bent the bottom at 90% and put nuts down there and kept the battery retaining clamp at the front with nuts and washers which works well.

I've bought the battery from eBay for £60.92 and it's arrining on Wednesday.

Thanks again,

Stephen.

With previous information I bought the battery that I mentioned. I got a Exide Premium - 031 - 75Ah - 630cca - 4 years waranty oem replacement. I bought it on eBay from a company called Car Parts Bargin for £60.92. They used the courier DHL and the driver who delivered it to me was a wanker. He brought it to my door upside down. The box was well marked with arrows and words keep upright. When I opened it up and opened the clear plastic bag it was in there was like a yellow cloth/spunge material over it. In one corner it was wet. The battery had leaked. I got on the phone made the phone calls and was told a replacement would be sent to me from my nearest Euro Car Parts. They brought it the same afternoon. So why, when they used Euro Car Parts to bring the replacement, did they not use them in the first place. I would have had the battery the same day as my eBay purchase and they don't charge for delivery for any part. In my opinion they should dump DHL asap.

Stephen.

Quoted from AWESOME HERALD MAN
They used the courier DHL and the driver who delivered it to me was a wanker.

Stephen.

When you say he was a winker do you mean that he had a nervous tic?  Perhaps he was winking when he made the delivery and that's when he accidentally turned the battery upside down?  

M.

Thanks Mark, but I'm not up on that medical condition, but does it affect more than just the eye, but, if so, would a company employ a person with it as a driver in case it might affect their driving control.

If a driver was giving me the wink wink, he might be driving with only one eye open for the rest of the day.

Also, Mark, if you cannot read the small print of these messages use a magnifing glass, I find it hard sometimes, or you wanted to put the reply as worded. Maybe a better description other than WANKER ( ok Mark ) could have been found as the markings on the box Mr Magoo could read it. I will search my dictionary next time for a full and proper description.

Thanks,

Stephen.

Quoted from Mark Hammond

When you say he was a winker do you mean that he had a nervous tic?  Perhaps he was winking when he made the delivery and that's when he accidentally turned the battery upside down?  

M.

Some are winkers but you were lucky he wasnt a complete cint, they're the worst type.

• admin changed the title to New Battery