Clutch Pipe, Flexi or Solid

Alfie

I need some advice on which is the best route for the clutch fluid pipe from the master to slave cylinder, is it better to fit a solid copper pipe or go for a flexi pipe.
Ive read that the flexi can have heat gain issues which cause the pipe to expand and drop the fluid pressure and preventing the clutch from working.
Is a solid copper pipe safe to use due to the movement of the engine and work hardening the copper pipe, the original pipe was plastic pipe so any advice welcome.

Quoted from Alfie

Is a solid copper pipe safe to use due to the movement of the engine and work hardening the copper pipe, the original pipe was plastic pipe so any advice welcome.

Well thousands of cars were produced with the original copper fittings , so there was no problem then nor now
Flexi/braided ..? OK if you want bling

I've had the original coiled clutch pipe for 40 years with no problem. However, last winter I had a straight copper pipe in the loft burst. The builder hadn't put in enough support brackets and the water pressure made the pipe vibrate, it was 20 years old. Flexing does weaken the copper so worth replacing.

in the industry plastic was introduce to suppress transmission of engine noise to the baulkhead etc.and   also  ease routing

yes some of the old red tubes did expand under pressure when hot ,  and that was solved by introducing cheaper  low friction cables in the 70s that wer'nt

Pete