Wolverine27

Hi all
I just tried turning the car over and it just won't turn over everything seems fine but won't ignite
I need notice some fuel dripping from the left hand carb, which I'm assuming could mean a blockage? Any thoughts tips or things to check before I buy a rebuild kit?

The petrol tank was low which could mean gung from the bottom as been sucked round

Thanks and merry Christmas

thanks could be the need valve as well? and i can i do this with the carb on the car?

its the first time i will have worked on the carbs so a little nervous but did see a good video online:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=triumph+carb+float+chamber&view=detail&mid=662A46B21734FA99000C662A46B21734FA99000C&first=0

Inlet/needle valve, that's what I was talking about, all you do is unscrew the screws that hold the float chamber on (a bendy flexy type of screw driver is handy) and gently remove the float cover, this can be done with the carb on the car still. It's easy to do, especially on our cars ;)

I got a rebuild kit for my carbs from Burlem systems. All was fine until I had to take the float bowl off a few days after the rebuild (cant recall why). The O ring seal that fitted perfect on assembly would not easily go back in the groove. Apparently the current ethanol percentage fuel makes the O ring swell and in effect makes it greater in diameter. I did get it back but it was iffy. Burlems know about this but there was no warning on the instruction sheet. Bulems have a technical section if you go on the website. Hope this helps. Cheers, Dave