TRW clutch master

WIMPUS

Had a look around the master cilinders this evening ..

Well noticed again some fluid ..
I had a had time with the new brake master that was leaking, got an extra seal in the cap and now sorted !
But not it was the clutch..
Got the cover off and what was there ... fluid !
So the new one is leaking already !  

It was one from rimmers, an expensive TRW one (77£ ) !
I'm really mad and annoyed about these 'new' parts

A 2 days ago i was checking around also and noticed the fluid in the brake master was still good, in the clutch fluid was very black  

Need to find the invoice now and mail them, hopefully it will last still a few miles ...  
I had a spare but when rebuilding it i done something wrong and it was all stuck inside ..  

Has anyone bought these also ?
Could a regular re-seal/repair kit work ?  :-/

Hmm..... that looks like my fairly new (<5k miles) clutch master on the Vitesse.  Also leaking..... Wasn't from Rimmers and was much less than £ 77 but was supposedly a good quality one.

If Rimmers don't want to help you could try a seal kit, but the problem may actually be with the surface finish of the bore.  With mine I did notice that the fluid went black pretty quick, even though the slave cylinder was replaced with brand new at the same time (Toyota part) and the pipe flushed through.

Good luck with Rimmers....

Nick

Nick_Jones wrote:
Hmm..... that looks like my fairly new (<5k miles) clutch master on the Vitesse.  Also leaking..... Wasn't from Rimmers and was much less than £ 77 but was supposedly a good quality one.

If Rimmers don't want to help you could try a seal kit, but the problem may actually be with the surface finish of the bore.  With mine I did notice that the fluid went black pretty quick, even though the slave cylinder was replaced with brand new at the same time (Toyota part) and the pipe flushed through.

Good luck with Rimmers....

Nick

My friend had also problems with bad quality parts this week !
The viscous coupling on his stag started to make a bad noise, 3K miles and 6months old.
Rimmers didn't make a deal out of it and just send another part..

Hope they do that with me also ! ..