French Alps 2023 ?

Darren Sharp

1 hour ago, RobPearce said:

The average Englishman - even one who considers himself true English born and bred, not descended from foreigners - has significantly more French genes than Anglo-Saxon.

Indeed, Brits are true mongrels. But I had (cantankerous) paternal great grandmother who was French. Lived to 99, mainly to be difficult according to my father. Goodness knows where the rest of my DNA comes from. 

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Wendy Dawes said:

She’d better be reliable by the time she’s due a run up the Alps 

ooh la la 

An over-seas run always focusses my mind on reliability. Before things like the 10CR I always try and get as many miles as possible on the car. My collection of boot spares and tools also expands before getting on a ferry. (Mostly due to my paranoia) 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, yorkshire_spam said:

An over-seas run always focusses my mind on reliability. Before things like the 10CR I always try and get as many miles as possible on the car. My collection of boot spares and tools also expands before getting on a ferry. (Mostly due to my paranoia) 

I intend to give her a few good runs before going overboard lol  !!

im sure the between us Darren and I will sort her out 🤞

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/01/2022 at 10:51, Tr1xi3 said:

Hi Darren, Give me the nod when this is going to happen as I will be keen to join you. I am down for the 10cr but only on reserve list so this would be an excellent way to get a run in.

Regards,

Dennis ( Trixie) Turner

👍 All details will be put both on here and on CT Facebook when the arrangements are made, so anyone who is interested can add their names to the tour list 

• 4 months later...

I’d be up for it - I used to have a place on the Route des Grande Alpes just south of Thonon les Bains, so if you want a hand with the northern part of the route (eg sections of the Morzine Mount Blanc Historique) I’d be happy to give some input…

• Like 1