Spitfire Mk3 Engine Problems

Bosch

I parked my Spitfire Mk 3 at the end of last summer and it was working fine. Since then, I have been trying to start the engine but no luck. I have check fuel, points which appeared to be fine but the spark seems weak.

I checked the distributor and found that the rotor arm appears to have moved to in-between the terminal but not sure how it could happen.

Does anyone have a clue how it could have happened??

Fuel definitely does go off, and easystart (or even WD40) down the inlet will often get it started. In fact, once it's started, the engine may just cope with the stale fuel, at least long enough to go fill up with fresh. I had that on my GT6 some years back (albeit after rather more than a winter lay-up)

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/02/2022 at 18:40, Rosbif said:

Good to hear you got it sorted. Did you buy a new one? I gather Bosch are good ones 😱

On 13/02/2022 at 18:40, Rosbif said:

Good to hear you got it sorted. Did you buy a new one? I gather Bosch are good ones 😱

Hi Bosch are the best!! Not got a new one yet I think I have the wrong battery which is rated 35ah and need to replace it within 65ah which should not give any future problems.