nippon denso alternator

cnicholson

Weren't the original lucas 27amp or something similar?

Have an add up of what you have on the car.
Lights are the big one, if 4x55watts that is 20amps approx, but add heater motor (5amps??) heated rear window (another 5??) plus wipers....
should be OK but not a large margin for a cold,wet dark long run. But in general the old cars are not electricity hungry.

cliftyhanger wrote:
Weren't the original lucas 27amp or something similar?

Have an add up of what you have on the car.
Lights are the big one, if 4x55watts that is 20amps approx, but add heater motor (5amps??) heated rear window (another 5??) plus wipers....
should be OK but not a large margin for a cold,wet dark long run. But in general the old cars are not electricity hungry.

Don't forget the electric fuel pump on a pi and the starter motor works hard at start up!
I have a 45amp 18ACR off a Stag on my pi and a bigger battery.

Colin

My ex PI on SU's runs the Std PI alternator, but could do with a bigger one as when all the electrics are on, especially during the winter nights the car struggles to idle, mind you it is fitted with Halogen head lights, spots lights, heated rear screen, twin speed demister fan, dual interior door lights, towbar electrics, electric overdrive, 8 way electric seats....Oh the options of the '70's goes on and on!!!!........ ;D