Border Raiders 2020 ready for the off!

Darren Sharp

9 hours ago, McJim said:

Just tested positive for Covid after the Border Raiders.

Didn't feel great on the Monday night and by Tuesday was really ill.

Took a test and it was negative but still feeling bad, so Ruth made me take another last night and it came back positive.

Haven't had Covid up till now but I guess you can't be too careful.

Hope no one else on the Border Raiders is suffering likewise.

The worst part of it is that Katy and I will miss Nuala's funeral but our thoughts will be with her.

Jim.

🙁 hope you soon feel better 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, McJim said:

Just tested positive for Covid after the Border Raiders.

Didn't feel great on the Monday night and by Tuesday was really ill.

Took a test and it was negative but still feeling bad, so Ruth made me take another last night and it came back positive.

Haven't had Covid up till now but I guess you can't be too careful.

Hope no one else on the Border Raiders is suffering likewise.

The worst part of it is that Katy and I will miss Nuala's funeral but our thoughts will be with her.

Jim.

Hope you don't get too badly affected and recover quickly Jim. 

I don't get it.

Katy and I shot about an hour and 20 minutes of footage over two days to try to make an entertaining video that lasts a little over 4 minutes.

Most of the footage was rubbish (some of it due to the weather on Day 2) or useless or serves no contextual purpose in making a watchable video.

The reasons we make these videos are:

1.  To show how good the event was.  (Which it was - thanks guys.)

2.  To raise the profile of Club Triumph and it's events on YouTube.

3. To encourage Club members to take part in future events.

4. Because we enjoy making them.

I try to edit clips together that correspond to the running of the event i.e. in the order they happened.

Katy and I don't go out of our way to make sure that every person that took part in an event appears in the video.  That's not the point of the video.

People don't seem to inclined to stand still to make sure we have a shot of everyone in order to appear in a video and we're not going to chase them round a Premier Inn car park when we have our own car to get ready as well as trying to get some decent footage.

These videos are a moving snapshot of an event, not a verbatum record.

They're meant to be for fun, not for an axe to be ground.

I was waiting for someone to come back and say that their car wasn't shown before the start, which given the spread of cars around the car park would have meant either a lot of unnecessary editing to get them all in or a long boring video of modern cars interspersed with the odd Triumph here and there.

I like Wendy's video.

It's a different style from ours but what does that matter.  It's lighthearted and fun.

In the years to come, they will both be a historical record of a time when you could go out and have fun in a car with an internal combustion engine.

Few will even know who the people in the vidoes are - or even care.

Jim.

PS  I hate Katy filming me.  I don't think, in fact I know, I'm far from photogenic.  But she just wants a shot of her Dad having fun with his Spitfire and a record that will last long after he's no longer driving Triumphs.

Edited by McJim
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, McJim said:

I don't get it.

Katy and I shot about an hour and 20 minutes of footage over two days to try to make an entertaining video that lasts a little over 4 minutes.

Most of the footage was rubbish (some of it due to the weather on Day 2) or useless or serves no contextual purpose in making a watchable video.

I try to edit clips together that correspond to the running of the event i.e. in the order they happened.

Katy and I don't go out of our way to make sure that every person that took part in an event appears in the video.  That's not the point of the video.

People don't seem to inclined to stand still to make sure we have a shot of everyone in order to appear in a video and we're not going to chase them round a Premier Inn car park when we have our own car to get ready as well as trying to get some decent footage.

I was waiting for someone to come back and say that their car wasn't shown before the start, which given the spread of cars around the car park would have meant either a lot of unnecessary editing to get them all in or a long boring video of modern cars interspersed with the odd Triumph here and there.

I like Wendy's video.

It's a different style from ours but what does that matter.  It's lighthearted and fun.

In the years to come, they will both be a historical record of a time when you could go out and have fun in a car with an internal combustion engine.

Jim.

PS  I hate Katy filming me.  I don't think, in fact I know, I'm far from photogenic.  But she just wants a shot of her Dad having fun with his Spitfire and a record that will last long after he's no longer driving Triumphs.

Don’t think that anyone has an axe to grind, the video is lovely and well made - love it and will be great to look back on in the future 😊

think its more likely a very dry sense of humour and no bad feeling intended from anyone 

keep up the good footage shots 👍

• Like 2

Just had a look on YouTube and the Border Raiders 2022 video has 101 hits in just under a week.

They won't all be people who took part.

So, hopefully generated some interest for next year and for other Club Triumph events.

Job done.

Wendy, are you putting your video on YouTube - it's very good.

Jim.

Edited by McJim
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, McJim said:

Just had a look on YouTube and the Border Raiders 2022 video has 101 hits in just under a week.

They won't all be people who took part.

So, hopefully generated some interest for next year and for other Club Triumph events.

Job done.

Wendy, are you putting your video on YouTube - it's very good.

Jim.

Hi Jim, not a clue how to upload onto you tube but feel free to save it from the WhatsApp and upload it on my behalf

I'm a techno dinosaur 😊

Wendy,

I've never actually done that before.

I'll ask Katy.

She'll know.

Or you could set up your own YouTube channel.

It's really quite straightforward and uploading videos is easy since YouTube walks you through a step by step process.

Just choose a name for your channel and link it to a gmail account from Google.

I don't want to take credit for your hard work.

Jim.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McJim said:

I don't get it.

I like Wendy's video.

Jim.

I thought your video was excellent and showed exactly what we want and get up to. Thank you for that, on behalf of BR team Everywhere we go eg 10CR ,tours etc no one ever shows a pic of me....that includes the wife, as hi tech photography don`t mix. Ah well....its a good job i don`t get upset easily☹️

• Like 1

Mike,

I can see you at the start of my video in at least two clips and your car is also shown at least twice.

I've spotted Jane too, so you're both well represented.

My point was just that my target audience is not necessarily just CT members but more for folk interested in classic cars or Triumphs or the road events that they can aspire to take part in.

I use YouTube to raise the awareness of what the Club does, the events it runs and provide a few minutes of entertainment.

YouTube is a great big tool - but I've also heard that said about me too. 😉

Jim.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, McJim said:

Mike,

I can see you at the start of my video in at least two clips and your car is also shown at least twice.

I've spotted Jane too, so you're both well represented.

My point was just that my target audience is not necessarily just CT members but more for folk interested in classic cars or Triumphs or the road events that they can aspire to take part in.

I use YouTube to raise the awareness of what the Club does, the events it runs and provide a few minutes of entertainment.

YouTube is a great big tool - but I've also heard that said about me too. 😉

Jim.

...and me!

We have started the search fo2023...........found a cracking hotel ,if it comes off

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, McJim said:

Wendy,

I've never actually done that before.

I'll ask Katy.

She'll know.

Or you could set up your own YouTube channel.

It's really quite straightforward and uploading videos is easy since YouTube walks you through a step by step process.

Just choose a name for your channel and link it to a gmail account from Google.

I don't want to take credit for your hard work.

Jim.

Go ahead and upload it, I confess that I didn’t do it. My iPhone did, lol - it collates photos/videos from the places I go and makes  them into a video then gives me the option to keep or delete them. 

so I did absolutely nothing 🤷🏻‍♀️