Side entry dizzy cap

Jason

It just goes to show that once you start talking Triumphs you just can't stop!
Dave, the whole PI experience has shown me the potential of the car - I mean it was no slouch on carbs but with the PI running well, it's most gratifying :-) I'm persevering mate! I'm currently sat in the garden with a beer looking for square section tubing to make the dogs bollocks of cooling coils.
James S - how do I contact him or do I shine a spot light into the sky and where ever there is a side entry required, he will appear!
A set of leads might be an extravagance but I do have only a little clearance to play with at the moment.

Maybe I should have just title the thread "Mad ramble".

Just to bugger it all up and return to a different part of one of the threads within this veritable 'rope' of an issue ...

I had a day out with Andy Mac (I'm not going to explain who he is  :) ) in his TR6 with a new Bosch pump conversion (Prestige) and we got stranded outside Boston (a bad place to be stranded). Turned out that IT couldn't cope. Boiling fuel! Returned to the workshop (on a trailer) and stuck a second-hand 10 quid Capri pump on and it went straight back on song. No doubt this was an unusual and unfortunate incident, though, as lots of people like Bosch. I've got an SU electric pump in my Mum's garage back in the UK ... I'll dig it out next time i'm back ... 2007/8?

Tim - You've reminded me that I saw your favourite NGK leads on a 2500 S I looked at in Oz a year or so ago!

[quote by=Nick_Jones link=Blah.pl?b=2000,m=1151699760,s=29 date=1151967950]Jason,

You might find this thread interesting

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=7360

Nick[/quote]

Thanks yes I found that one and several others like it - as ever opinion is mixed :-) Bosch or Lucas with or without a helper, cooling coil or both!

jason
i can give you James Shackfords num,ber if you want , he will be at stafford if you are going
i have a Lucas pump connected up at present, no problems without cooling coil. However in my experience it will get hot and cause pressure loss problems when tightly packed in the boot with luggage /stuff over it , ie. no air circulation round it. I have remedied this problem by cutting a vent /air scoop in the boot floor just in front of the floor mounted pump. It is about 3 inches by 2 in size. works OK!!

The boot had stuff in it but not a lot and there was plenty of air around the pump - it's in the spare wheel well. I think a vent in there will do the trick, and a coil, and a helper pump :-)

Archived