Main shaft for a 3 rail gearbox

Velocita Rosso

9 hours ago, Velocita Rosso said:

To end every ones speculation of who, why or what, I have purchased a new 3 rail(recon) gearbox.

There have been speculations and comments by a certain person, who should not be advertising sales and wants on CT`s Facebook page/account and a few intimating I don t know what I appear to be talking about.

I have always had a 3 rail box in my Mk3 Spitfire and has a D type overdrive with ten spline clutch

Maybe there are opinions that a single rail should be the way to go, but I do not intend converting and even changing to a J type over drive

My car has done many more miles than most club members and ,I admit, had some hammer from auto solos to Ten Countries goat herding....and has done sterling service...until now, where by the gearbox has created no other problems previously.

By mid week the car will be reassembled and ready for active service once more......that is to say ,if no more additional peripheral problems occur...like the steel water pump pipe to heater splitting, and the aluminium water pump housing having a poor thread to accommodate the new nut and olive, and the stainless exhaust pipe on number two outlet parting and need welding etc etc.

The Ten CR certainly put a strain on the car this time and the Yorkshire pockets seem to be getting thread bare  

I think the confusion started with the mention of 1500 in your initial description. And it all went from there.

I thought Yorkshire pockets were kept sewn shut? 

And that reminds me. I need to fix my car after the 10CR. I must find that spare mikalor clamp to replace the damaged one, before the temporary fix (jubilee clip, thank you Dirk) decides to give up.