rickyp

Having worked in Lucas  I have been running my MK2 , Delco distributor with a 'transistor assisted contacts ' unit. Has worked perfectly but I think it is time to replace the distributor . Suggestions for either a new distributor and electronic ignition kit or is there an electronic distributor?

Alternatively a 123Ignition will fit also. 

Mine was running on an accuspark but bad luck, jinxed, something else wrong, I dont now.... after 2 failures (one was brand new out of the box) we put the old delco in again and now it is running fine.

You can have an accuspark either as a module to swap and insert instead of the old points or as a complete unit.

If the car is still on positive earth then accuspark will do a special module. As these need to be insultated from the normal earthing circuit it can be a bit problematic. 

Funds after the engine rebuild permitting i'll put mine on a 123Ignition.

Dirk

Quoted from Guppy916-

As Michael I used H&H, Gave them my old dizzy (Mk3 GT6) and they rebuilt and converted it to electronic, no points or condenser, to worry about, They did a first class job, And looking from the outside you would never know

http://www.h-h-ignitionsolutions.co.uk/#

Good I`m pleased. Having had my H and H in for at least 10/12 years I have had no problem, except for the case of not being able to start up one day and found that one of the red/black wires had parted within the insulation sheathing. H and H sent out a new pick up.....plus a spare,just in case and the replacement has been in without any problems and the spare still in its wrapping. Sending my own dizzy, they reconditioned it mapped the inwards to my requirements, sent the pick up/magnet, new rotor,new coil and new cap all for a very competitive price. Runs like a dream. 

• 4 weeks later...