Electronic ignition mk3  

phillip ridley

Hello could anyone recommend an electronic ignition system to fit my mk3 spitfire it starts and idols ok but when driving it misses the timeing is right and the carbs cleaned and balanced fuel pump I good and anew fuel filter is fitted don't know what els to try I've been looking at ignition kits on eBay coil and electronic distributors seem a good shot I think has anyone used them with success many thanks phill

Quoted from Jonny-Jimbo
Mike, what's the H&H ignition kit like? How does it work etc? After the failure of my dizzy on HCR mine is currently with H&H for repairs.

My dizzy went away for recon and mapped to my requirements, and it came back with a ..rotor arm,new cap,coil and pick up unit that just sits in the base of dizzy that mates to the magnet on the rotor shaft
At that time £135.00 all in
Brilliant kit
After four years the car died down at Ellis`s and it turned out to be a faulty wire to pick up and caused the pick up to die
I spoke to Lee at H and H and he sent me another unit FOC, as he had never ever had a failure like it before.....never had a failure since refit
Even though tis unique problem caused a failure i would still recommend the kit

Quoted from Velocita Rosso

Nope...converted it all after teh Delco fell to bits

But the original post is about a mk3 spitfire dizzy which should be delco and everybody is giving links and recommending thinks that are later spitfire which are Lucas.
Have swapped to a 123 dizzy on mine but lose rev counter. Before get people saying how to get rev counter back working. Done that already

Quoted from willows40

But the original post is about a mk3 spitfire dizzy which should be delco and everybody is giving links and recommending thinks that are later spitfire which are Lucas.
Have swapped to a 123 dizzy on mine but lose rev counter. Before get people saying how to get rev counter back working. Done that already

I know Andy but, MK3 was originally stated but no one has said anything about Delco
Mine fell to pieces and I converted to a 25D and removed cable drive and converted a Smiths rev counter using a Jaeger face which all the conversions are in a mag article a while back
Removing cable drive also allows blocking up a heater box hole which now is an additional benefit.....my car gets hotter .....all through converting to electronic ignition

Quoted from Velocita Rosso

I know Andy but, MK3 was originally stated but no one has said anything about Delco
Mine fell to pieces and I converted to a 25D and removed cable drive and converted a Smiths rev counter using a Jaeger face which all the conversions are in a mag article a while back
Removing cable drive also allows blocking up a heater box hole which now is an additional benefit.....my car gets hotter .....all through converting to electronic ignition

Mike
That was my point. The original poster might not know if his dizzy is a delco or a Lucas and then get links info to Lucas dizzy. Not everybody knows the difference. As an example a mate of mine knows nothing about his car apart from how to drive it. If this was his posting he would see what had been said and more than likely brought the wrong item because of it.
Not saying anything about what you posted, just happened to be after your post. Yes 1500 Rev counter internals put into mk3 spit case and face

Cheers Andy