28th RBRR Entry Cost

HI all,

Sadly after a comprehensive re-review of costs for the forthcoming RBRR, we have been forced to increase the Entry Fee from £100.00/person up to £110.00 per person when Entry opens on 10/02/23.

We very much regret that we have to do this and do hope that this change does not discourage any Crew from entering the RBRR. 

Obviously, should anyone who wants to enter have anything to discuss or ask about this, please contact me via this site or via my mobile phone no.which can be found on page 4 of Club Torque.

Tim Bancroft

RBRR Main Organiser

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Right after much consultation, the Club has reverted to £100.00 per entrant, so the minimum entry cost is £200.00. 

Apologies for the confusion, the RBRR Organisers and the Committee were not happy about the slight increase, so we had a chat!

Potential entrants may wonder why we have reduced from the £125 of 20/21. The simple answer is that quite a few entrants are not that fussed about Finisher Souvenirs: Tankards or Picture Frames, so we have decided that should Finishers want a Souvenir, they can approach our supplier and purchase separately. It will all be set up to make it easy to obtain them. As those who have received them over the past 57 years know, they are individually engraved with the name of the successful entrant upon them with their entrant no. We must have issued nearly 2750 souvenirs over that period!

I will still collect the souvenirs and they will be handed out at the CT Dinner in March 2024. 

• Like 1

Did you ask for a refund?

As a Scot, you have to look after the bawbees.

Jim.

Note:  Once we have independence, the bawbee will be the currency of Scotland for those of you who don't know what a bawbee is.

Edited by McJim

Danny, I only order Souvenirs for those who finish. For some worthy types who fail, we offer them 'Endeavour Awards' .

Its just some don't really want a Finisher Souvenir.

New ruling: Any Scotsman or Scotswoman who enters will have their entry vetted and if they don't get the required score, their entry will be refused...er bad luck, Jimbo!

I can see the border at Carter Bar will be temporaily closed this October if this continues and crews anti Scottish comments on social media and elsewhere will be a reason for their deportation.

We're getting fed up with English people coming over the border.  Economic migrants looking for a better standard of living.

Trump was right.  Build a wall.

By the way did you know that it wasn't the Romans who built Hadrians Wall to keep the Scots out but it was the Celts trying to keep the English out.  Little known fact that.

Suas Alba.

Jim.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1