68 gt6 mk1 wiper motor switch wiring

Tel

Hello all
I am just finishing the wiring on the gt6  so far so good but hit a problem with wiring up the wiper switch, the switch is a 3 position toggle 5 connections with numbers 1 to 7 on the spade connectors has anyone a wiring diagram showing this switch and what numbers wires to, i've had a look on the internet and can't seem to find anything like i have, both the switch and motor look original, switch is old part  number 145203 new number 35927 the motor is a DR3A two speed with parking. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks Terry

1 hour ago, glang said:

Your best off looking at the free to download Triumph workshop manual as it has the wiring diagrams for all models of GT6...

I have found wiring diagrams but non match what i have, the ones that may give what i need are unreadable, i will have a look for manuals

Thanks anyway

14 hours ago, Tel said:

I have tried all combinations but not this one, looks promising will try it in the morning Many thanks

Connected the switch as per your diagram, wiper now all ok fast, slow, and park the only other thing i did was to swap over the n/lg and R/lg wires at the motor, many thanks again. Like the Vitesse i had one new with the 1600 engine light blue in 1965 about £900 if i remember rightly  

Good to hear it's working now. You mentioned you're finishing off the wiring so do shout if there are any further issues. I put a new loom in mine several years ago and for the most part used a diagram in an Autopress manual by Philip Smith. I had trouble finding correct or colour diagrams on the internet.

Thanks for your comments on the Vitesse, I really like the 1600. Hopefully see your GT6 in action soon, or at least some photos 😃

5 hours ago, Baxter said:

Good to hear it's working now. You mentioned you're finishing off the wiring so do shout if there are any further issues. I put a new loom in mine several years ago and for the most part used a diagram in an Autopress manual by Philip Smith. I had trouble finding correct or colour diagrams on the internet.

Thanks for your comments on the Vitesse, I really like the 1600. Hopefully see your GT6 in action soon, or at least some photos 😃

I liked the Vitesse except i think mine was what they used to call a tea break Friday car, after 4 months needed a new engine due to excessive crank end float, after 3 years i shut the boot and the rear bumper vallance fell off through rust i got it replaced FOC i was told it had not been painted correctly, also i did not like the bulkhead shake im told this was improved on later cars but dont know if true. The GT6 will not be finished this year but the other triumph will be, just got to swap the steering box for a rack. Thanks for the wiring offer will keep it in mind.

On 02/05/2023 at 18:53, Tel said:

I have found wiring diagrams but non match what i have, the ones that may give what i need are unreadable, i will have a look for manual

Yes glad its fixed - looks like the way you wired it is exactly the same as the manual shows for a mk1 GT6:

image.png.2d32adebed2ea5ae714065de69cd9807.png