Thanks all.

Matt306

Another brilliant c2c run, don't think I've missed one yet. Highlights were driving the tunnel! Lovely windy bit around Lake Vyrnwy and Bala.  We did take the short cut at the end from Fishguard but I was asleep so didnt notice!

723 Miles covered between first fill up and last 88 litres of E10 19.5 Gallons = 37 MPG. 

Best was the drive up  which was mostly MWay and Dual carriageways which was 39MPG.

Oil use about 500 ml mostly peed out the rocker cover! 

If you want an efficient Triumph EFI it!

• Like 2

I’d also like to add my thanks to the organisers for another great run. After a front wheel bearing change in Skegness car park on Saturday morning, our car was running the best it has ever done. The route was great, although my wife complained of feeling car sick after a spirited drive around the lakes! I’ve added a photo from the finish this morning and looking forward to RBRR and next year’s C2C. 

IMG_4009.jpeg

• Like 2

I’ll echo that sentiment, a great C2C in 2023, a huge thank you to all involved. We managed to miss a couple of points too but still a great run and I agree the Lakes were stunning even at 3am!

So 920miles all told with journey to start and return from finish, and 37-38mpg from a carb TR7, and many bottles of water for the team - boy it was hot coming back!

• Like 2

I must add my own big thank you to Chris, Howard, Dale, Darren, Clive Snr and Craig for organising the C2C. It was my first time doing the event and it exceeded my expectations. The start and finish venues were great, the route was fantastic with great roads (they took me back to my days of road rallying in the seventies - proper lanes at night that were for driving) and beautiful scenery when it was light. The navigation was spot on and easy to follow.

I don't dare work out my mpg - I think the Holley carbs just let the fuel run straight from the fuel pump into the cylinders!!

Again thank you and hope that you run it next year - I will definitely do it. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Classicscrap said:

I’d also like to add my thanks to the organisers for another great run. After a front wheel bearing change in Skegness car park on Saturday morning, our car was running the best it has ever done. The route was great, although my wife complained of feeling car sick after a spirited drive around the lakes! I’ve added a photo from the finish this morning and looking forward to RBRR and next year’s C2C. 

IMG_4009.jpeg

My wife also decided the drive around the lakes was a little spirited...

• Haha 1

Many thanks to the organising team for a fantastic event. 

We thoroughly enjoyed some great driving roads and some beautiful scenery

I've not had a great season regarding reliability and this event was no exception. My problems began early Sunday morning and the car finally expired about 10 minutes after leaving the breakfast stop and 278 miles from my home!  (But at least we completed the event!)

The AA were top notch to be fair. The first guy arrived after an hour and took us to Magor services near the Severn Bridge, and the second guy arrived 20 minutes after the first one departed and took us all the way home. (We arrived home 9pm last night.)

After initially thinking it was a fuel pump problem, it turned out the PRV had failed causing fuel pressure loss. (The car has been converted to Pi)

No matter, I still had a great time with some great mates, so what the heck! 🙂 Until the next one!.............

20230625_154530.jpg

• Like 2

What a brilliant event!   There have been lots of comments on the WhatsApp group already, but adding more here.   I haven't dared work out the fuel economy; I mean, what's the point - smiles per mile is way more important.  My speedo broke just before the event, but with one phone showing a digital speedo and the other showing the route on Google maps, we didn't get lost and kept on pace.   Roughly 460 miles, in 12 hours of driving...  that's a good pace to maintain 🙂 

Absolutely stunning scenery, and some fantastic roads for a spirited drive.  I was enjoying the roads so much I didn't stop for photos.  

Massive thanks to everyone involved in making it happen.  Here's to next year's run, and of course the RBRR this year too (speedo to be fixed by then)

• Like 3

Glad everyone enjoyed the C2C. event.. Very upset reading how everyone enjoyed themselves whilst we were sat at home , suffering multiple problems of illness and family related issues. The corner now having been turned intend getting on with the important things of driving a Spitfire.and joining in with other club members

• Like 2