Essex Winter 12 Car Rally (EWR) 28/01/24 (Event Info Thread)

Head's up! - Entry will be opening very soon for the first competitve event of the New Year - the EWR.  This will take place on Sunday 28th January 2024.   

The route will cover around 80 miles of easy driving on tarmac roads, through the beautiful Essex countryside with an expectation of taking around 4 hours. The emphasis will be on map reading and navigational skills, rather than speed.

There is also a social element to the event with optional opportunities for tea / coffee / breakfast at the start and Sunday Lunch at the finish.

Watch out for more info soon!

Edited by mikeyb
title change for clarity
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Help needed. Pete has entered as our driver but when I try to purchase the navigator. I click on the navigator option it takes me to a second page then nothing happens. What am I doing wrong.

Thanks in advance Mark

4 hours ago, Rutty said:

Help needed. Pete has entered as our driver but when I try to purchase the navigator. I click on the navigator option it takes me to a second page then nothing happens. What am I doing wrong.

Thanks in advance Mark

Am I right in thinking that you are trying to complete the entry separately and from two separate devices?

Could it be that if Pete has entered on his device, then Pete will also have to submit your entry as well? 

15 hours ago, Radders said:

Am I right in thinking that you are trying to complete the entry separately and from two separate devices?

Could it be that if Pete has entered on his device, then Pete will also have to submit your entry as well? 

Hi Radders. Yes you are right I should have thought of that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mikeyb said:

can't see any entry from Pete, suggest try again from one device and if double entered, we'll sort it out.

It’s car number 2 Pete doesn’t use his Christian Name.😉

Posted (edited)

4 cars entered now, missing a few regulars.   Come on folks, we need a minimum of 6 cars to make the event viable  😁

Entry will be opening up to other clubs from the weekend!

Edited by mikeyb

10 hours ago, PaulB said:

Hi Mike

I’d like to enter with my son. 
Do you have to have a MSUK license?

Cheers,

Paul

When applying for the license make sure you use a different email address for each of you as there system doesn’t like two or more licenses with the same email address.

Just to add it’s an electronic license that is emailed to you.

• Like 1

We now have 6 cars entered, this means that the event is viable to run! 

Entries have been opened up to other AEMC member clubs now, so if you are thinking of participating, get your entries in asap!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Entry closed over the weekend, we have 8 cars running.  

Colin and I drove the route yesterday, ironing out a few wrinkles as we went.  The local farmers have been harvesting sugar beet, leaving a bit of mud on a few of the roads. Hopefully the rain this week will wash some of it away!

Speaking of "wash", the poor old Mini now needs one badly!

large.20240121_143659.jpg.8059d58b183a2e4b15e23303535532ba.jpglarge.20240121_143714.jpg.d8d4df999d23a8243a03b45457cbafbd.jpg

Edited by mikeyb
  • Like 1

• mikeyb changed the title to Essex Winter 12 Car Rally (EWR) 28/01/24 (Event Info Thread)