BO SU Needles for HS2

trubac

Me again ... :)
Was playing with the Minty web site and was wondering how it works :
the "y" measures the thickness of the needle -----> the higher the graph the richer the needle, right ?

As my car got a tubular manifold and will get soon a sportish exhaust and rampipe thing a richer needle would be great, no ?

Anyone has tried different needles on the HS2?

Cheers
G

• 1 month later...

Anyone has tried different needles on the HS2?
With my ram pipes and tubular exhaust manifold, I do get a loose of power at half throttle ... the take off is perfect.
So i imagine that a richer needle in the 4-5-6 area would be better, but don't know how to choose them :  does 0.01 mm makes a lot of difference ?
Thanks
G

I would first check that everything else is as it should be, is there any wear in the original needles? are you using different air filters? i believe if you use K&N's for example you need to change the dashpot springs from red to yellow IIRC.
Is your tubular manifold the original triumph one? as that shouldn't make a difference, but using ram pipes may require different needles
I don't have any real experience of changing needles on SU's as i never ran them when i tuned my car, but it might be worth sending a PM to CHRIS211083 as he spent a lot of time fiddling with needles on his spitfire

But it will only be trial and error unless you have something to measure your air/fuel ratio