Mabel strikes back

Wendy Dawes

Took Mabel out for a pre Stoneleigh run ran beautifully  for a 7 mile drive then blew a big end half a mile from home,  limped her back to her garage and shut her away for the forseeable,  I did say in the area news in club torque that she would throw up an issue before Stoneleigh, she was meant to be on the stand.  I hate that car !! 

IMG_1623.jpeg

Edited by Wendy Dawes

Thanks Bruce x  I  have a 1500 spitfire engine but I think I’ll get her own engine reconditioned in the next few weeks,  I bought an overdrive gearbox and twin hs2 carbs which I have had rebuilt at cost so I’ll get her engine done and put the whole lot on in one go

19 hours ago, Wendy Dawes said:

Took Mabel out for a pre Stoneleigh run ran beautifully  for a 7 mile drive then blew a big end half a mile from home,  limped her back to her garage and shut her away for the forseeable,  I did say in the area news in club torque that she would throw up an issue before Stoneleigh, she was meant to be on the stand.  I hate that car !! 

IMG_1623.jpeg

Sorry to hear that....but you will buy such old cars....😉

She’s for sale at £2000 if anyone wants to buy her and either replace or recondition her engine 

I’m not throwing any more money at her I’ve spent a fortune and the money pit is too deep 😊 I’ll post a for sale on the forum later 

Edited by Wendy Dawes

47 minutes ago, Wendy Dawes said:

She’s for sale at £2000 if anyone wants to buy her and either replace or recondition her engine 

I’m not throwing any more money at her I’ve spent a fortune and the money pit is too deep 😊 I’ll post a for sale on the forum later 

Send for Tom Hanks, he`ll sort it

Sorry to read you've had to call it a day with Mabel. They are bottomless spending pits, that's one of the characteristics of this hobby! Hopefully Mabel has found someone with some spare cash to look after her and you can get lots of "smiles per miles" with Darren in other Triumphs

• Like 1

On 01/02/2024 at 09:42, John Bell1 said:

Sorry to read you've had to call it a day with Mabel. They are bottomless spending pits, that's one of the characteristics of this hobby! Hopefully Mabel has found someone with some spare cash to look after her and you can get lots of "smiles per miles" with Darren in other Triumphs

I can afford to have Mabel’s engine reconditioned, I’m just not prepared to spend any more  money on her, 

I’ve spent more than I ever wanted to already, sorry to see her go but sometimes you have to call it a day 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wendy Dawes said:

I can afford to have Mabel’s engine reconditioned, I’m just not prepared to spend any more  money on her, 

I’ve spent more than I ever wanted to already, sorry to see her go but sometimes you have to call it a day 

I was the same two years ago when I let my Jag go for peanuts. Loved the car but it was a money pit.

Danny

• Like 1