Herald 13/60 Stromberg CD150 Question

Wheelman

After several years of being out of reach in the garage, I have had a clear out and managed to get to my Herald. As its not been started for quite a while, I decided that it may be a good idea to clean out the fuel system, so I started will the carburettor. On taking it apart, I found that someone else had been there first, and there were a few issues with it. The diaphragm was incorrectly fitted and not aligned with the locating notches, and the metering needle was not straight, which may have accounted for what I remember as a sluggish performance. So having cleaned it out and bought a refurb kit, I'm now set to put it back together. However, having soured the internet to find the default settings for the various adjustments so that the car has a chance of starting and the final adjustments, all the information I have gathered would indicate that the Herald 13/60 CD150 setup is not fitted with an air valve piston spring. Does anyone know if this is correct, as mine is fitted with a spring?  

Thanks for the replies. I have downloaded a copy of the Stanpart spare parts catalogue, which has some wonderfully detailed exploded diagrams, including the carburettor, and that does not show the spring, neither is it detailed in the associated list of parts. However, on the basis that the car was previously running with the spring fitted, its going back in.