Grille badge commemorating Triumph's Centenary

Tim Hunt

The New South Wales branch of the Triumph Sports Owners Association organised a highly successful weekend celebration of Triumph's hundred year anniversary at Bathurst in March last year. This included a display of 120 various Triumph models on the main street and over 100 cars taking part in a parade lap of the Mount Panorama Circuit. The Club designed and commissioned a commemorative grille badge (as pictured). This is a very nice quality chrome plated cast metal badge measuring 100mm wide by 86mm deep and 3mm in thickness with a weight of 125grams. Two bosses on the back of the badge are tapped to accept M4 set screws. 

These badges were sourced from the far east at a very competitive price and an initial quantity of 50 was ordered and supplied to TSOA members at cost. Buckeye Triumphs in the US also ordered 50 and I understand that they are about to order a further 100 while the TSOA NSW are ordering 50 more.  

The badges come with two 25mm lengths of 4mm studding and two nuts. To fit most grilles one would probably need to source two longer M4 set screws. 

I badgered the former TSOA President to sell me his badge and it will soon be gracing my 4A grille. 

If we were to piggy back an order for, say, 50 badges the price to CT members would be around £18 to £20 a badge including postage. 

I would like to know what interest there might be at this level so could anyone who would be keen to purchase a badge please let me know, ideally by PM on here.

Tim  

DSC02824.JPG

DSC02776.JPG

Tim, just remember you need to pay VAT & possibly Duty as well on the supply price + shipping fees. I ordered an item for the USA and the final cost was (as expected) about twice the original purchase price.

Cheers

H

Hi Mike,

There is a cut off point - I think it's about £100 where duty kicks in but 50 No comes in nearer £1000. Singly or in bulk VAT is still applied to both the original price + shipping charges irrespective. There also will be a customs clearance charge from whoever undertakes the clearance - P.O. or courier to add.

It's possible you might be able to send them individually from Australia without additional charges due to the low individual cost, but that is a route I have not looked into.

Cheers

Howard

On 22/03/2024 at 14:08, Tim Hunt said:

The New South Wales branch of the Triumph Sports Owners Association organised a highly successful weekend celebration of Triumph's hundred year anniversary at Bathurst in March last year. This included a display of 120 various Triumph models on the main street and over 100 cars taking part in a parade lap of the Mount Panorama Circuit. The Club designed and commissioned a commemorative grille badge (as pictured). This is a very nice quality chrome plated cast metal badge measuring 100mm wide by 86mm deep and 3mm in thickness with a weight of 125grams. Two bosses on the back of the badge are tapped to accept M4 set screws. 

These badges were sourced from the far east at a very competitive price and an initial quantity of 50 was ordered and supplied to TSOA members at cost. Buckeye Triumphs in the US also ordered 50 and I understand that they are about to order a further 100 while the TSOA NSW are ordering 50 more.  

The badges come with two 25mm lengths of 4mm studding and two nuts. To fit most grilles one would probably need to source two longer M4 set screws. 

I badgered the former TSOA President to sell me his badge and it will soon be gracing my 4A grille. 

If we were to piggy back an order for, say, 50 badges the price to CT members would be around £18 to £20 a badge including postage. 

I would like to know what interest there might be at this level so could anyone who would be keen to purchase a badge please let me know, ideally by PM on here.

Tim  

DSC02824.JPG

DSC02776.JPG

Hi Tim, I would take one, let me know if you need payment 👍🏻