Fitting Mintex 1144 to the GT6

Dan16v

Afternoon all, im just in the process of finishing off the front suspension overhaul and have come to fit  my Minetx 1144 pads, the problem I have is that the holes in the pads are smaller than the pad retaining pins on the callipers!  is this normal?

Also, the squeal shims I got from Canleys dont quite cover the entire piston, not sure if this is on purpose so the piston doesn't touch the pad square on first application to stop squeel.

Cheers, Dan

9077 wrote:
Yes, there are metric ones and imperial ones. You have got the wrong ones!  ;)  But easy enough to open the holes out. I retained my original metal shims as I didn't like the look of the new shims. You will be well pleased with the Mintex, worth the effort!  8)

thanks, I just had a look on the canley site to see if they do different types, they just do one but have the note below

PLEASE NOTE

If fitting GBP216MINTEX to cars using Type16P & Type 16PB Imperial calipers, pad pin holes will need to be drilled out to 1/4" diameter to suit the larger pad pins.