Mintex M1144 pads

WIMPUS

Hi all,

I need some new mintex pads for my spitfire 1500 as the ones that are on it now are nearly need for replacement .

Now where to buy them & the cheapest ?
I had a look in an old thread of me about brake pads and found the link of the ones i bought of ebay at the time..
Link doesn't work anymore  :-/

But i know they where not to expensive.

Any suggestions ?  :)

Wim

4526 wrote:
Hi all,

I need some new mintex pads for my spitfire 1500 as the ones that are on it now are nearly need for replacement .

Now where to buy them & the cheapest ?
I had a look in an old thread of me about brake pads and found the link of the ones i bought of ebay at the time..
Link doesn't work anymore  :-/

But i know they where not to expensive.

Any suggestions ?  :)

Wim

Canleys seemed as cheap as anywhere else when I ordered some last month for the GT6

Just found this ..
Seems to be a bit cheaper and think it is the same guy i bought the ones before .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MGB533-MINTEX-M1144-RACING-BRAKE-PADS-FAST-ROAD-TRACK-NEW-IN-BOX-/151435085300?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Car+Make%3AVolvo&hash=item23423c05f4

peterhlewis wrote:
Were ever you get them you really must bed them to a specified set of speed stops

I have this but not on my tablet will load acopy later

pete

I now pete, i've got mintex ones on my spit now !
But had a look at the wheel bearings this week & seen that the brake pads are worn good, so soon will need new ones  :)

Pete,

I rather suspect a warning note should be added to the instructions, along the lines of "If fitting 1155/1166 pads, a private road/runway is required!".

A lot of places forget that whilst it is illegal to fit "uprated" pads to modern cars if they are not proscribed by Manufacturers, we are actually allowed to do so on our classics (if memory serves me right, no doubt someone will correct me if I am wrong!). Therefore 90 to 30mph braking is rather difficult on our roads ;)

Good find though, I have now saved said file to my reference folder :D Many thanks for sharing

Cheers,

Phil

thebrookster wrote:
Pete,

I rather suspect a warning note should be added to the instructions, along the lines of "If fitting 1155/1166 pads, a private road/runway is required!".

A lot of places forget that whilst it is illegal to fit "uprated" pads to modern cars if they are not proscribed by Manufacturers, we are actually allowed to do so on our classics (if memory serves me right, no doubt someone will correct me if I am wrong!). Therefore 90 to 30mph braking is rather difficult on our roads ;)

Good find though, I have now saved said file to my reference folder :D Many thanks for sharing

Cheers,

Phil

Was pretty impressed with the mintex pads, at first they didn't do much of a change..
But after a while i was pretty amazed, could lock up the fronts very easy, as before i never could do that !  :o

One time on a hot day and with lot of downhill braking that was needed i nearly didn't have brake with the standard Veco pads ..