Wiper motor gearbox - grease?

Antonnick

AS part of my LHD conversion I am renovating the bulkhead which has been somewhat abused in the past. The wiper Motor assembly was looking quite dirty and horrible so I have taken it off and cleaned it up. The casing should be a mottled Grey, I read in a previous thread.

Whilst it is on the bench it seems a good idea to check the innerds and final drive wheel which has been greased but probably a Long time ago as the greasis quite hard in places.

The Manual says to use "Ragosine Listate grease" whatever that is? A search does not find it. Haynes says SAE 20 oil.

What can I actually use?

Quoted from bxbodger
I just used a normal multi-purpose grease in mine.

Likewise - Castrol LM as it was at the time, but that's been discontinued/renamed since then... TBH I don't think it's terribly critical so long as it's there, but I'd definitely use grease - don't know what Haynes are thinking of recommending oil, but then if I started listing every error I've found in Haynes manuals over the years we'd be here all night. Haynes manuals are better than no manual at all, but don't treat their advice as gospel, always a good idea to check with the forum if in doubt.