Anybody got a spare set of footwell trim panels?

A TR7 16V

I'm not sure the original-spec millboard ones would be great for holding speakers securely, certainly old ones that are usually kinked or rotted and floppy with damp. Best to make your own as suggested above with some 3mm board. I did that for some speakers... covered with vinyl to match the interior they're strong and look good. It's an easy job if you have an original as a template but even without it's not a hard shape to measure up and mark out. You can buy the original style plastic clip fittings from the usual suppliers, use generic ones or simply us self tappers to fit them.

Just been reading this thread thanks for the tips, think I will make my own too. My 13/60 has cut outs in the door frame for speakers, is there any difference in sound between door mounted and footwell, just thought in a convertible I might have a chance of hearing something mounted in the doors 🙂

Quoted from dingdong
Just been reading this thread thanks for the tips, think I will make my own too. My 13/60 has cut outs in the door frame for speakers, is there any difference in sound between door mounted and footwell, just thought in a convertible I might have a chance of hearing something mounted in the doors 🙂

I've got a pair of waterproof boxes on the back seat, but it could do to be louder; especially, the left one. I guess I'll get some board and cut to shape. It's a concertible too, so I'll let you know if I can hear them faded forwards when I do.