Rotoflex upright repair

AndyR1

Hi ive got a pair of rotoflex uprights that have excesive play where the bolt goes through does anyone know of someone who can put a sleave in? Im sure there used to be someone advertising doing it on ebay but I cant find it now.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

As Lawrence says, any decent machine shop...... the issue is holding the very knobbly casting so that the correct bolt path is true for drilling.  I had a batch done a few years ago to recover a whole bunch of near-scrap links that had been returned as "exchange" for links machined for CV conversions.  The same link machining fixture used for the bearing bore machining was used after a bit of modification.  I still have it but it's VERY heavy.

It is not necessary to drill a sleeve the whole hole.  Bushes (15 - 20mm) at either end will suffice.

As for the "horsing it up really tight"....... maybe if you are not talking about really slack hole and if the pads at either end of the hole are in good condition.....  Most of the ones I had to deal with were too far gone, often as the result of ham-fisted attempts to drill out rusted in bolts.  No, they did not get their exchange deposits back and no, the deposits were not enough to cover the aggro......

Nick

Thanks for the advice I did get the rusty old bolts put in one piece but ive messed up and had it machined for the cv conversion before I have noticed the elongated hole! I will take it to the machine shop and see what they say.

Cheere Andy

• 1 month later...