GT6 Timken wheel bearings

Dan16v

Morning all, im doing the front wheel bearings as part of the GT6 front end overhaul and am trying to get some wheel bearings.  Most suppliers seem shut until the 5th :-( but a bearing supplier is open but have some confusion over the Timken part numbers

I have seen that the Timken part numbers are;

Inner - Timken L44649  
Outer - Timken KLM11949C

for the outer they only have a LM11949  not the KLM....C anyone know what the difference is?  they say the catalogue does list the KLM part but Timken Europe are closed till the 5th and so they cant find out what the difference is.

I take it the mk1 gt6 does have a different bearing size as most suppliers just list the one part.

7801 wrote:
Can't help with the part number deciphering I'm afraid but in case you need, this is where I got my bearings from for the GT6.

If not, good luck with the search.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/141500902202?nav=SEARCH

Worth mentioning they came quicker than eBay said too in my case

Thanks, I see the box has the KLM on it as well, I have ordered them now, hopefully the LM instead of KLM is the same, some of the USA sites list the LM11949 bearing instead of KLM so hopefully they are the same ones

6797 wrote:
For taper roller bearings the prefix is the rating (I think) but I can't find KLM for Timken.... Just FAG.
The reference I have says that "light/medium" for NSK/SKF/Timken = LM, but KLM for FAG.

At a guess I'd say the C is the bearing class.( http://www.timken.co.uk/en-us/solutions/machinetools/Pages/BearingPrecisionLevels.aspx )

Thanks, hopefully they are all the same bearing, I couldn't even find the C prefix on their part numbering system.  Fingers crossed they are the same.