Regress on participants cars 2006

This thread is dedicated to jobs that you REALLY WANTED TO DO but can't because you've run out of time (or other more important jobs have over taken).

I'll start:

- Relay up the lights - Didn't get them done Saturday as planned, rained off on Sunday. The headlight are halogen and pretty bright so I hope it won't be a problem.

- Fit the old lucas spots - Almost got one fitted, but then got foiled by not being able to get any or my spanners, sockets or wrenches behind the over-rider to do them up.

- Replace water pipe under manifold and re-attach the heater valve so we have some emergency 'radiating' ability if things overheat.

- Fit a couple more speakers for some resfull tunes as were driving through the night.

- Insulate tunel cover more. we are going to COOK.

- Find and fill all the holes in the bulkhead area that seem to allow it to rain on feet when driving in a downpour.

- Fix/replace slack clutch pedal to cylinder linkage. Rattles annoyingly.. but thats all.

There... nothing REALLY important. Surely some of you must have run out of time too?

In my case I've either just run out of time or quite frankly run out of money!

Right my list of things I'd have liked to have had:

A modicum of mechanical skill to enable me to fix anything en route! :P
Full bare metal respray - no time
Reclining passenger seat - no money
Polybushes all round - no money
Alternator - no money
Spot lights - no money and no alternator. Don't know how good my dynamo is!
A radio/cd player and speakers - no money

Again, nothing major as such.

My thanks for all the work that has been achieved must all go Adam Chignell of Mobile Triumph Repairs. Top bloke!!

Nope.... all fine here!  :P

Well, I wanted to have the cvjoint conversion ready, but I haven't. All my own fault as the machining of the hubs went wrong. Hopefully the rotoflexes will survive another 2000 miles.

The only thing I haven't done and I know at some point I will regret this is buying a coolbox. Me and James had this plan of eating vlaai (our traditional local pie) at JoG and LE.  The only way of keeping it fresh is putting it in a coolbox. Well... I don't have one so there will be no vlaai at JoG.  :'( 

Ah yes well that might be fine. But wait a sec, we have coolboxes.. well what i mean is we have shops that have cool boxes and we would buy one at the drop of a hat if it means keeping this new tradition alive. I offer to transport the 'product' if you don't have room. (not that your GT is any small than mine).

Well space is the main problem. We are staying in the UK for another week so have quite a lot of luggage to bring. Also not looking forward at having this coolbox in the car all week...

But don't think we should bother too much. Eating vlaai in Enfield is also kinda special!

Trying to steer this thread back on-course, I din't get round to / couldn't be arsed to:

Fit stereo - have borrowed a power inverter instead to use a domestic one (and to test the output strength of my alternator!  :o)

Fit hazard lights - anything that involves me either wiring something in or wielding powerful electric tools anywhere near anything that can get damaged is a recipe for either disaster and/or serious maiming. Will leave this job until an unschduled stay in hospital dosn't affect my social plans quite so much  ::)

Fit dash-top rev counter - Needs dash-centre speaker for original 1971 radio removing (see point 1 above) and also involves electrical connections (see point 2) 'Nuff said  ;D

See you all tomorrow.......

Well my car was ready all planned for an MOT this wednesday then get it taxed on thursday, last minute is good. But slight problem as engine now sealed, literally, dad sealed the engine with petrol sealent grrr anyway see you all tomorrow and good luck everyone, oh and you don't need music, the engine should be music to your ears, 'Clunk , clunk, clunk,clunk...........cluck....(off into the scottish hills) bi ali

Archived