Anyone from northern europe?

Hi all

Just out of curiosity - are there anyone going to 10CR from northern europe? I am taking the long haul from Copenhagen to Lille on the b-roads through germany. About 20 hours drive. Somehow I am not sure the spit would like the autobahn

Cheers

Nick

I have broken the drive down into two days doing about 350 miles per day with a hotel in the middle.  I suspect I would be worn out if I did the trip on autobahn, though doing B-roads in germany does indeed double the time compared to autobahn

I would rather not appear slow on the autobahn. Even though Germans are superb drivers, there are some really tired tourists driving there who hasn't had nearly enough sleep and are driving a eurobox full of screaming children  

By northern europe I probably mean scandinavia

Cheers
Nick

I drove through Germany to Poland (not in a Triumph) about a year after the Berlin wall came down.
The "Autoban" - it had two lanes! -  across East Germany had become a cobbled surface before I crossed the Polish border.

Hope they've improved them Autobahns since then!
John

Quoted from JohnD
I drove through Germany to Poland (not in a Triumph) about a year after the Berlin wall came down.
The "Autoban" - it had two lanes! -  across East Germany had become a cobbled surface before I crossed the Polish border.

Hope they've improved them Autobahns since then!
John

I do the autobahn from time to time when I go skiing in the alps. Somewhere it is ordinary two lanes . But at other parts it is a bit more advanced. Usually I find 90MPH a suitable speed - and even though the spit can do that, I am not sure it would be comfy. Especially not with the semiintolerable wheelbarrow exhaust 🤔

And the spit is also frightfully small compared to moderns, not to speak of the lorrys!

I think I will be doing tsome investigation into the more scenic routes through germany.

Looking forward to seeing you lot in Lille

Cheers

Nick

Hi Nick

B-roads would be nicer, but you will have lots of them on the 10CR itself. I would not hesitate to use the Autobahn to get to the start. I live in Germany and regularly use my Spitfire on the Autobahn. Not the best suited car for this kind of driving (MK3 on 4.11 diff and OD), but it manages okay! 65-70mph is alright for car and driver!

We will travel from Southwestern Germany to Rolduc via Luxembourg and Belgium using their motorways.

Christian

Quoted from Don Cook
Nick

You will recognise this then?

What a great picture!  I do remember that one - it must be 10-15 years ago?

Quoted from yorkshire_spam

I know that feeling! I'm looking at putting a small resonator/silencer in the mid pipe... until I sort that out I'll be carrying ear-plugs for motorway/autobahn driving!

I am also bringing earplugs!! The eternal drone gets tiresome after a few hours.

Cheers

Nick