Martin suggested this to me at tonight's Pendle & Pennine meeting:

He said that somebody on the RBRR (can't remember who) couldn't get their car ready in time for the run so they bought an Acclaim to use on the run. This could well happen again on the 10CR and it just so happens that I have a road legal Acclaim that is surplus to requirements (I bought Becky!) that would make an ideal spare car but the tax runs out at the end of August (retaxing it shouldn't be a problem. I'm unable to do it because I've already swapped the insurance over to Becky)

Is anybody interested as I need to sell this car? It is very reliable. I went to the Leics/Northants meet on Tuesday night in it and it never missed a beat so I can see it completing the 10CR without any major problems.

Don't knock them till you've driven one ,blooming good fun .It  was me by the way that bought on for the rbrr.
May end up bying another one for next year as well as my daughter wants to do it ,as long as she passes her test, and an acclaim may be the only thing i can get her insured on 

At £50 you can't possibly go wrong! I'd trust YNW561X to complete the 10CR. Get it before the end of this month and it will have tax on it as well so the buyer can drive it away. I need to sell as my parents are complaining and Becky's been relegated to the road!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived