Driving in Europe/ Wing Mirrors

Caroline

For the Netherlands you need at least one mirror which also must be adjustable from the drivers seat! In other words the driver must be able to adjust the mirror (by hand) when he's sitting behind the steeringwheel. At least these are the rules for Dutch registered cars.

You can bring one of those simple clip-on mirrors, I'm sure you'll be legally fine with that!

[quote by=GTRoger link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1161104061,s=2 date=1161109650]For the Netherlands you need at least one mirror which also must be adjustable from the drivers seat! In other words the driver must be able to adjust the mirror (by hand) when he's sitting behind the steeringwheel. At least these are the rules for Dutch registered cars. [/quote]
I can adjust the rear view mirror from the driver's seat. Do you mean an external mirror? No wing mirror actually ON the wing can ever be adjusted by the driver in his seat, unless he's Mr Tickle.

And I like the Elmo!

For all cars no matter when they were manufactured and no matter if they were actually fitted with any wing mirrors during manufacture? If my car wasn't manufactured with any (can someone confirm this?) then am I expected to put on "after market" wing/ door mirrors to drive in Holland?
Does anyone have any information about other countries? Thanks in advance.

Archived