Progress on entrants cars?

Tim Bancroft

After abit of a re-think on entry and I am considering using my Herald coupe (Hope Dave is ok with this idea). Just took the head to a chap in Coventry for some head work and exhaust valve inserts to be done.

On the floor of the premises was the engine that another entrant will be using!!

Also just bought some Carbs from Andrew turner, top work and service-Thanks Andrew.

When I get he head back I will finish the car off: Needs minor works to the rear brakes, new calipers fitting to the front. Engine and gearbox swap. Other work will involve the fitment of some better seats, some added instrumentation, a decent steering wheel, and some spot lights. The car will then go up to KDs for some bodywork repairs and some paint.

Must admit I am getting quite excted about finishing the car off. I have been very distracted by the 2.5 and the GT6, to the point that I have not touched the Herald for over two years!!!!

well, my car has come on a bit from the article in the mag. Still needs weather seals, an engine, gearbox heater unit blower unit battery, dynamo, rad, door cards, the wood varnishing, boot light, exhaust, brakes, clutch, prop, wiper, horns, washers, wiring, and its going to holland in 53 days. EEEPPPPSS

I do at least have my engine in, but that's where it stopps. I have finally located an engineering company who can machine up the parts I'm missing, then finally I can fit the rear suspention and breaks. I may have said that I have an engine, but it's not totching much, and I have yet still to do the cam belt before I can fit the air con compressor, which has dropped a rod I might add, and then the condenser and radiator can be stuffed in.

Then I think that I might be able to get the wings on, then the interior as somthing to sit on should be nice.
a mot wouldnt go a miss either

but I'm not flapping

not yet
:)

b

• 2 weeks later...

Archived