Nick Jones

tiggrr1 wrote:

I was already starting to like/respect the big saloons dynamic abilities but after seeing at first hand just what they are capable of I think when I get the GT6 how I want it I may be looking for a big saloon.

(clap)(clap)(clap)Way to go James(clap)(clap)(clap)

welcome to the converted . . .  and you won't even need shorts!   ;D

32valves wrote:
I think we did about 2750 miles in total so about 2500 for the run itself. Just waiting for the last couple of fuel bills to come in so we can get an approximate mpg figure but it's looking good, mid thirties or thereabouts. Well pleased

I remember my old Sprint was always amazingly good on fuel (well, once I'd slung the slushbox).  Much better than the 1850 it replaced.  Good torque and tall gearing.....

Nick

Well, all the fuel bills are in and it looks like the Sprint averaged a little over 37mpg. That means it must be nudging 40mpg at sensible motorway speeds. Astonishing !

(All calculated by my ace co-driver David. Total bill for fuel and tolls was ~ £430)

I'll be using some of the money saved to pay the excess for a new windscreen. Half a mile from home some tw@t in a BMW overtook us on a hatched off area and kicked up a stone that cracked the screen good and proper. May the fleas of a thousand camels etc

32valves wrote:
Well, all the fuel bills are in and it looks like the Sprint averaged a little over 37mpg. That means it must be nudging 40mpg at sensible motorway speeds. Astonishing !

(All calculated by my ace co-driver David. Total bill for fuel and tolls was ~ £430)

I'll be using some of the money saved to pay the excess for a new windscreen. Half a mile from home some tw@t in a BMW overtook us on a hatched off area and kicked up a stone that cracked the screen good and proper. May the fleas of a thousand camels etc

Excellent figures.... shame about the 'screen though.

Nick

Archived