10CR, relived, past tales

Having left the St Bernard behind,we stopped at the first fuel stop on the motorway near Martigny
Around 2am needed an empty and refill
Went into the gents in the gloom and whilst sighing and leaning on the wall, doing what men do,I heard a sobbing from behind me
Wondering what I was about to see as I turned around slowly......
A male youth was cuddling a young female, who was doing the sobbing,whilst sat on the floor of the gents
I uttered a calm "evening!" and exited, only to come face to face with another male youth
Seeing I was British (obvious) he said" Sorry about that in there , but the young girl has just done that....." as he pointed to wards the young girls,parents ,top of the range BMW..............He explained she had hit the m/way armco and made a wonderful mess on every panel from front to back....and was trying to figure  out how she was going to explain to her father (between sobs)
Funny things you see in Swiss toilets in the early hours of the morning!
I wonder what awaits this year?  

michael_charlton wrote:
Having left the St Bernard behind,we stopped at the first fuel stop on the motorway near Martigny
Around 2am needed an empty and refill
Went into the gents in the gloom and whilst sighing and leaning on the wall, doing what men do,I heard a sobbing from behind me
Wondering what I was about to see as I turned around slowly......
A male youth was cuddling a young female, who was doing the sobbing,whilst sat on the floor of the gents
I uttered a calm "evening!" and exited, only to come face to face with another male youth
Seeing I was British (obvious) he said" Sorry about that in there , but the young girl has just done that....." as he pointed to wards the young girls,parents ,top of the range BMW..............He explained she had hit the m/way armco and made a wonderful mess on every panel from front to back....and was trying to figure  out how she was going to explain to her father (between sobs)
Funny things you see in Swiss toilets in the early hours of the morning!
I wonder what awaits this year?  

I am sure good times ahead this year, if in the Spit or a hire car like last time.

Bring on the passes ;D ONLY  15 DAYS!!!

Finding I'd used all of my oil in only a few miles was entertaining. The only clue was the oil light coming on as I coasted into a German services for fuel, nice! Ripped off the rocker feed in a carpark where everyone was resting then went on the hunt for a plug to put in the block (I'm a genius you see...). AJP gave me one (oo err) and then the sun came up to reveal the graveyard we were next to!

Also, watch out for dodgey energy drinks. I was knackered so bought some cans of curious caffeine in France. The sugar and coffee-esq properties didn't do much. However, the constant clenching and fear of coughing certainly stopped my eyes from shutting. It also allowed me to take in the artwork in the toilets on the way to the Nürburgring. Hitler was in most of them and there was a fine mixture of him either on his knees, or behind someone on theirs.

AndyF wrote:
going for a swim in the Med on Sunday morning before driving back to Calais. The sight of 20 pale (to say the least) English people trying to get changed behind their cars must have been a sight. Will have to do that again sometime.

That was a bit special ;D

Toilet, the one's at the vistor center at the big bridge were of the kind found in Asia!  Two foot tredalls and a HOLE!  

Warning:  Never assume the car in front of you with the 3 Sat/Nav's that you see in the windscreen know's where they are going, Don't Follow it!  Unless of course you want to buy us BEER!  But then we will have to go to the TOILET!

OK who else can use the T word.

10CR 2007; Coming down the Gavia, I saw two Porsche 911’s, a few bends down, coming up.
But as I was backing of to make room for them, number three, which was a bit in front of the others,
came flying round the next bend.
I managed to get my car in between two of the Italian style crash barriers (see picture) without damaging one of the cars.
The Porsche driver was reminded how wide arsed his car was, as I heard a rather nasty scraping sound, like rebuilding your bodywork on a rock face!

beans wrote:
10CR 2007; Coming down the Gavia, I saw two Porsche 911’s, a few bends down, coming up.
But as I was backing of to make room for them, number three, which was a bit in front of the others,
came flying round the next bend.
I managed to get my car in between two of the Italian style crash barriers (see picture) without damaging one of the cars.
The Porsche driver was reminded how wide arsed his car was, as I heard a rather nasty scraping sound, like rebuilding your bodywork on a rock face!

If the Gavia is the one I'm thinking of, one of the few times when driving on the correct side of the car is an advantage on the continent! YOU are at the side of the road.
At one point, I was less than a finger width from the rock face - the audi passing had half of his tyres over the edge  ;D

Archived