Things have started to arrive...

Ellis

tim_hunt wrote:
Surely using a rally plate holder or fixing to bumper with cable ties would generate more drag than sticking them flush.

Tim

Maybe that is the whole idea - on the 7 it has to be bent to fit the bumper and already looks like the curved shape of a drag chute!

Howard

As most of you know I use the magnatic sheets for everything I stick on my car.  The placakards that were use last time and on this run have no sticky backing.  Last time we tried to glue them on the magnatic sheet but the next morning they had curled up!  While I think it is possible to afix them be careful that what ever you use works.   While I could zip tie the front one, I had to place the rear in the rear window as not easy to wire tie them on the back.  I would have prefered the type we had on the 09 and the past RBRR's, or these that were allready magnatic.  

Goody wrote:
As most of you know I use the magnatic sheets for everything I stick on my car.  The placakards that were use last time and on this run have no sticky backing.  Last time we tried to glue them on the magnatic sheet but the next morning they had curled up!  While I think it is possible to afix them be careful that what ever you use works.   While I could zip tie the front one, I had to place the rear in the rear window as not easy to wire tie them on the back.  I would have prefered the type we had on the 09 and the past RBRR's, or these that were allready magnatic.  

Guys

Ellis can`t win either way.
The sticky backed vinyl,previously used caused problems with quite a few ,whereby the removal of those created paintwork problems
So to alleviate this problem `plates` were made so they would not damage paintwork and you could tie them on
Now some are asking to have sticky backed versions again
My answer would be.....accept what is provided and the owners do whatever to apply them .....seems simple.
Come on guys ...be good
When Mike and I take over for 2015.........I will supply the tools and Mike will supply the nails  ??)

michael_charlton wrote:

Guys

Ellis can`t win either way.
The sticky backed vinyl,previously used caused problems with quite a few ,whereby the removal of those created paintwork problems
So to alleviate this problem `plates` were made so they would not damage paintwork and you could tie them on
Now some are asking to have sticky backed versions again
My answer would be.....accept what is provided and the owners do whatever to apply them .....seems simple.
Come on guys ...be good
When Mike and I take over for 2015.........I will supply the tools and Mike will supply the nails  ??)

Ellis does a very good job indeed and since I have been one of those effected by paintwork issues in the past I know that its a difficult balance, however I did raise my request immediately during the last 10CR.

The plates always make me think of the "Classic" car clubs where they drive a a steady 50 in tweed caps, and never go out when there is the slightest chance of rain - whereas the stickers, for all the very real issues, are much more different, sporty and advertise to the world and his dog that Club Triumph are out to have some serious fun...

I will enjoy the rally, but I would still love to get hold of some stickers are well

Cheers

Howard

Agreed you can't please everyone.  No harm meant by voicing my opinion.   I know some sticky's will cause paint problems as will the magnet's if left on too long.  I don't know how much the blank sheets cost in the UK but here they are cheap.  Don't know the cost of all the one's the club uses.   Another reason I use the magnet sheets, I save them as a momento and display them on one of my Herald's at car shows.  They hang in my garage for all to see.  For display the current type I put magnet strips with sticky backing on them.  However this would not work on a moving car as they would blow off.   By the way not all magnet sheets are equal and some will blow off at speeds over 50mph.   One solution is let everyone order what they want and pay for them.  That would be a admin nightmare.   With enough advance warning I could have the magnet ones made up here as the company I deal with will copy anything.  Cost of shipping might be more than some can bare and even if I were to bring them with me the weight adds up quick with a large order.   Had I known a month or more ago I would have had them made for my car.  I don't think at this date I could have them made in time.  It takes about 2 weeks for the DollyRoo ones and they have the template only have to change a name or two.

VR:  I will be happy to put you in touch with who I use if you are interested for the next run.