Raider's Triumph 2013

Raider

Work has started on this year's Raider's Triumph.

We have just one venue this year ( the Keighley location used for the first time last year). We expect to provide some interesting tests though and with 4 marshalls on the one site there is the opportunity to make a really special sting in the tail :)

I have just emailed the RLO for West Yorkshire so will need to have his reply before taking the next steps.

I envisage a maximum entry of 20 and will keep the same entry price of £50 from last year if at all possible which will include afternoon tea at the Old Stone Trough.

Please note that the October Pendle and Pennine meeting will have been on the Friday night.

In addition we may be able to organise a road run/Touring Assembly in the Yorkshire Dales on the Saturday as well.

I'll sort out costs for this and rooms at the OST.

So, all in all, the first weekend in October can be a banquet of Club Triumph Pendle and Pennine offerings with you able to choose the whole meal or just the courses you fancy :)

• 2 weeks later...

Raider wrote:

Please note that the October Pendle and Pennine meeting will have been on the Friday night.

In addition we may be able to organise a road run/Touring Assembly in the Yorkshire Dales on the Saturday as well.

I just finished drawing up the route for this road run after a recce at the weekend. Subject to MSA approval for this "touring assembly", we now have a full weekend of activities available for anyone who wants to come out and play :)

• 2 weeks later...

The road run has been approved now so a weekend of driving related activities (plus some probably-not-driving ones on the Friday evening) is available. You can do some or all of them.

Who's coming out to play then? Either for the autotest or the road run or both.

• 3 weeks later...

Raider wrote:
MSA Permit 75875 has been issued.

My calculations show the club will break even with 7 entries so I am sure this event will run! 8)

Sadly today I have only one firm entry (as in entry form with cheque) so with two weeks to go and myself away with work for the next week leaving very little time for more preparation I have taken the decision that the Raider's triumph is CANCELLED

I would like to express my thanks to Lateral Design in Keighley for allowing us the use of their premises and the support team of marshalls, Paul Darbyshire,Andy Flexney and Andy Healey not forgetting my wife Deana giiving us admin support.

Thats a shame, Martin. I was just about to explore the chances of going up there over the weekend with a friend (kinda 50/50 at the moment). I wouldn't have been able to enter the autosolo as I'd be in someone else's modern but we were looking forward to the weekend away and doing the tour etc.

The tour might still happen - I am checking with Mik on that one.

Locals - well 4 entrants from last year won't be entering this year as they are either taking part in other events or their cars aren't ready/in a fit state.

I fully understand that last bit - of 5 cars I only have one that could take part if I wasn't organising/marshalling anyway and that's Deana's Mini (I value my life too much to even think of using that ;D).

Yes I can relate to that too. With the prospect of bringing Ivi & Miya, my car choice is limited to the Sprint, this being my only 4 seat saloon on the road.  With a very grumbly diff and looming MOT,  I was wondering when I was going to find time to change it!   :-/

2000 - still in its lock up
Herald - still not had time to MOT it
Acclaim - just discovered I've got to replace the sills, but still being used daily

Which leaves the P1800 ES I'm using to and from college and the TR6 which hasn't been used for months. But, I can't use either of them as if I can make it I'll most likely have a rear passenger. ;D

Raider wrote:

Sadly today I have only one firm entry (as in entry form with cheque) so with two weeks to go and myself away with work for the next week leaving very little time for more preparation I have taken the decision that the Raider's triumph is CANCELLED

Drat

I was looking forward to spinning around some cones again.

Sorry if there was any misunderstanding on Friday at the P&P Martin I was still intending to do this. I can always have a run up to see you with entry form and cash or is the decision irreversible.
Are there really that few who want to take part  :o :o :o

The run on the Saturday is still on if people are still interested. Not the same route as the previous "Bramble" in case anyone is wondering. Still a day of driving and exploring some great roads. Triumph cars preferred of course but not mandatory :)