Autosolo Challenge 2013

Matthew123

hi all

lets get the season off too a start now the weather is on our side.................................

well who knows it may eventual come out to play:

The following events will all count towards end of season results:

WSMC 28th April - part of the Anglian Autosolo Challenge

OMC May 5th

CSMA NW May 19th

9th June TBA - part of the Anglian Autosolo Challenge

CSMA NW 23rd June

WSMC 7th July

Bristol MC 10th August

15th September TBA - part of the Anglian Autosolo Challenge

Ross and DMSL 22nd September

OMC 27th October

ECMC 27th October - part of the Anglian Autosolo Challenge

Mayfair Autosolo challenege will also count - event details will follow when finalised

Also Sevenoaks and DMC will also be counting as events just waiting on dates to be finalised

As last year the best scores from six will count towards end positioning

All events can be found at the relevant motor club sites but any problems accessing this dont hesitate to contact me

Regards

Matt

2020 wrote:
hi all

lets get the season off too a start now the weather is on our side.................................

well who knows it may eventual come out to play:

The following events will all count towards end of season results:

WSMC 28th April - part of the Anglian Autosolo Challenge

OMC May 5th

CSMA NW May 19th

9th June TBA - part of the Anglian Autosolo Challenge

CSMA NW 23rd June

WSMC 7th July

Bristol MC 10th August

15th September TBA - part of the Anglian Autosolo Challenge

Ross and DMSL 22nd September

OMC 27th October

ECMC 27th October - part of the Anglian Autosolo Challenge

Mayfair Autosolo challenege will also count - event details will follow when finalised

Also Sevenoaks and DMC will also be counting as events just waiting on dates to be finalised

As last year the best scores from six will count towards end positioning

All events can be found at the relevant motor club sites but any problems accessing this dont hesitate to contact me

Regards

Matt

Well, that pretty well furnishes South of Watford :-/

• 1 month later...

3 of us; Michael Helm, Matt Barker and I took part in the Oxford MC Bocardo Autosolo at Silverstone yesterday. Some of the machinery on display there in the right hands (and it was) is scorchingly quick. Stuart Harrison in the Zetec engined GBS Zero (think Caterham) blew the Scoobys away, mind you at 350 bhp per ton what do you expect?

Michael won the class, Matt B was 2nd and just to reinfoce last year's Drivers Challenge result I proved to be the strongest driver in class by holding the others up (you can interpret that any way you like actually). Doug & Katie Foreman were due to join the fun in Connie, Doug's 2000, but she (Connie) threw a strop and unfortunately they couldn't make it in time - I hope to see you both on an event soon, ours at Bovingdon in July if not before?

For the benefit of anyone who is interested but a little worried about either damaging their pride and joy (or car!) or just their pride - don't be. While I was marshalling I got chatting to a chap on only his 2nd Solo who said "What I like about this is that you get all sorts out there. That Peugeot 206 out there now is my wife (I think he meant the driver) and although she only potters round, she's having a great time". To my chagrin after a disastrous first Test she was beating me!