Cylinder heads

Simoneg

Turning out the dark recesses of my garage I've found four cylinder heads which will shortly be up for sale or scrap.  I'm pretty sure that 3 of them came from Herald 1360 or 1300 Spitfire engines but one of them probably came from a 1500 Dolomite.  Apart from casting labels/numbers on top I can't see any differences between them.  Two are labelled Stanpart 307871, one is also labelled 307871 but with the (manufacturer's?) symbol 'N' and K40, and the other has several marks CBS RK00589, 18DO and a stamping TKC1155 SS27/73.  Can anyone identify these?  Do 1500 cylinder heads differ from those fitted to 1300 engines?  The manifolds seem to be interchangeable. 

If anyone needs one of these cylinder heads then please let me know! 

Simon

Quoted from Simoneg-

Can anyone identify these?  Do 1500 cylinder heads differ from those fitted to 1300 engines?  The manifolds seem to be interchangeable

If you look in the bottom left corner on those photos, the 307871 type have a threaded hole (one has a plug in it) in line with #8 valve, while the third head does not. This was a casting change between early (Herald, Spit Mk3) and later (Dolomite, 1500) heads. Some applications had a hose connection there for the heater. The 1500 head will also be a bit taller but you'll probably need to measure to notice that.

Quoted from Simoneg-

Turning out the dark recesses of my garage I've found four cylinder heads which will shortly be up for sale or scrap.  I'm pretty sure that 3 of them came from Herald 1360 or 1300 Spitfire engines but one of them probably came from a 1500 Dolomite.  Apart from casting labels/numbers on top I can't see any differences between them.  Two are labelled Stanpart 307871, one is also labelled 307871 but with the (manufacturer's?) symbol 'N' and K40, and the other has several marks CBS RK00589, 18DO and a stamping TKC1155 SS27/73.  Can anyone identify these?  Do 1500 cylinder heads differ from those fitted to 1300 engines?  The manifolds seem to be interchangeable. 

If anyone needs one of these cylinder heads then please let me know! 

Simon 

The faint stamped numbers tell you what the head was originally from. Go to this page and scroll down for a table with detail of which is which: http://auskellian.com/paul/links_files/performance_enhancements.htm#Raise_the_Compression_Ratio

The bottom one is TKC1155 (as you say) which is a home-market 1500. 

Top photo probably needs a wire brush to see the number, middle photo I can just make out '515...' but not the following 3 digits. As Rob says the coolant hole / plug on the top gives a clue; I'm going to guess that the top is a Spitfire and middle is off a 13/60 or 1300fwd.

Pete