What Fixings for interior panels etc.?

markcro

deffo NOT self tappers. Clips...
http://www.canleyclassics.com/?xhtml=xhtml/diagram/gt6mkiiirearquarterandluggagefloortrim.html&xhtmlcatalogue=xhtml/catalogue/gt6mkiii.html&category=bodyandfittings&xsl=diagram.xsl
http://www.canleyclassics.com/?xhtml=xhtml/diagram/gt6mkiiidoorsealandtrimpads.html&xhtmlcatalogue=xhtml/catalogue/gt6mkiii.html&category=bodyandfittings&xsl=diagram.xsl

and so on. Other retailers available etc

Those clips are sort of a bane.  When detaching a panel from a door, you may just as likely tear the piece off the panel that the clip is on & leave it on the door.
Modern "Christmas tree" fasteners on modern hard-plastic-backed panels are not much better, except that they're less likely to damage the panel.
It would be nice if some approach utilitzing velcro or somethtng similar could be worked out.

The problem with my rear panels is that they don’t have those clips. They were fixed on by the last person with panhead screws which I am finding impossible to line the holes back up to fit them again. My door cards do have those clips but one or two are missing meaning that the cards hang out in places.
Do those clips have to be fixed to the cards before they are covered in the vinyl? i.e. can I fit them now from behind or do I need to remove the vinyl from the panels?

Cheers

Used velcro on rear panels on my gt6 but the two pieces of velcro kept the panel off so you could see a gap,had a rethink and ended up using stag door clips of ebay. They are just about big enough to grip ,they fit into clear plastic round top hats but you have to dril holes a bit bigger.Still a bugger to line up though ??)