Track day at Keevil Airfield?

Malcolm

Myself and some like minded 1970s/80s retro car enthusiasts are booking onto a track day in April.  I am posting it up here in the hope that some of you will be interested in joining us.

And here it is! Cheap, organised by one of the best & plenty of run-off but an exciting airfield track layout.

Monday the 2nd April at Keevil Airfield (nr. Trowbridge in Wiltshire) HERE - http://www.motorsport-events.co.uk/keevil_airfield_circuit.htm. This will be an all day Open Pitlane event and costs £99 for the car and first driver - extra drivers on the same car are just £20 each, so even cheaper if you share  Helmets can be hired for £10.

I've been with the organiser Motorsport Events (http://www.motorsport-events.co.uk/)before and they are a top trackday team.  We aren't going to get a discount for numbers, but provided we book at least 10 cars we WILL get a free instructor session for each main driver.

And if this is too far away for you then we can always do a cheap B&B the night before, or even camp if you must. Happy to organise this too - please let me know.

Names please? (don't just go ahead and book it yourself as we are after the free instruction sessions!)

8)

Malcolm.

[quote by=Chriss link=Blah.pl?b=trackdays,m=1169595450,s=6 date=1170599067]Tim

Some of my Saab mates have done a day at Woodbridge in Suffolk.  They said it was good and also cheap.

Chris[/quote]

Yeah, I'd be up for smoking the Bus around if it's cheap !!! ;D

• 3 weeks later...

*IMPORTANT - KEEVIL TRACKDAY*

This really needs to be booked ASAP so we can guarantee get on for 2nd April. So please provide a FINAL list of names and cars if you are going. You will need to send me FULL PAYMENT BY THE 2ND MARCH to be booked. There WILL BE a booking made on 2ND MARCH even if I'm going on my own

PERSON / CAR / YEAR
--------------------------
Malcolm (Malcolm Paris) / TR7 V8 FHC / 1976

Any queries on this one, or regarding trackdays in general, just post them up or PM me....

Malcolm.

• 1 month later...

Well Keevil was a superb track day. Best of the weather and a challenging circuit with plenty of run off laid out on the airfield. A group of us did attend, but only John Weedon & son and myself from the TRR (others from retrocarclub.co.uk). And I didn't even bring my trackday TR7, which is laid up with an electrical problem at moment - since Silverstone. 

Here is a link to pics from the day if anyone is interested: http://malcolm-paris.fotopic.net/c1245725.html

John's sprint/hillclimb TR5 was widely believed to be the best/one of the best car of the day. And the group included a brand new Ferrari!

We fancy some more of these so expect the next one to be posted up here as well. Just in-case anyone fancies a go....

Malcolm.

Archived