Trackday 15 March

trackerjack

Well being as Silverstone was not to be :'( the swarm decided to pick an event that we could do instead. The place is Colerne which is very near to Castle Combe in Wiltshire and it is an airfield circuit so it is ideal for a newbie cos if you get it wrong its only grass. The normal cars that turn up tend to be very well driven and the organisers are very pleasant but firm (they sent a Maserati driver home when he was too bullish.
Mad Mart, Robin Eames and Diane and I have already signed up and would love to have the company of any other Triumphs OWHY.

So its a Sat (these tend to be fully booked quickly) the price is £119 and after the first session is run as open pitlane.

Here is the Email address of the friendly company that run it.

trackdays@motorsport-events.com

Skooby6, if you haven't done a track day before this is one of the better tracks to learn on. There's plenty of grip & loads of run-off on to grass (no barriers). Also I think if we get 10 or more cars on track we can have free instruction (I'd have to confirm that).

"Motorsport Events" wrote:
But I have no experience.
No problem, your experience level is not important and we are very keen to welcome new track day drivers to our fold. There is no need to be nervous or worried that you feel you may be too slow, as all our events are run very professionally and tracks are not overcrowded. We ensure all drivers make room for each other and as there is always lots of track time, being held up for a lap is not important. This means even our fastest drivers are always patient and courteous.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay as Bruce requested one or two promises to keep (trips round an airfield) we all meet at Colerne at 8 on Sat morn and track should be used from 9.30 its open pitlane so a good few goes should be available.

I have not done Motorsports Colerne so have a track to learn.

See you all there.

Archived